Hi, I recently got given a 9800 BB in a job lot of parts and know no history other than its been water damaged as I can see from the indicators.

When I got the phone it would turn on as normal but none of the functions work, the scroller would just make the 1st option at the top highlighted when touched and then move no more, no touchscreen no keypad activity.

I left it in a drawer for a couple of weeks then decided to sell it as parts as I didnt want to spend money on a water damaged phone to find I was wasting my time. Anyway, while it was in the drawer the battery was out of the device as I could not turn it off, I put the battery in the phone just so I could take pics showing that it at least turns on, to my surprise the phone was working, at least everything apart from the touchscreen.

I then put the phone away again and considered buying the part to get the touch working but a friend needed to borrow a phone so I lent it to him for the time being

After about a week the touchscreen started working so I just assumed maybe it was just a intermittant slider flex and needed a new one.

Then about a week later my mate tells me that the phone has stopped working again, back to no control at all so the phone goes back in the drawer.

Anyway what I have found is that if the battery is left out for a few days is that the phone will go from not working to working (it doesn't work if only left out for a few hours) could this be a mainboard issue or just randomness from corroded connections on the main ribbon? when I 1st opened the phone there was corrosion on the keypad, main lcd ribbon and the other one which I hve cleaned, I just cant get to the other connections yet as I don't have the screwdriver needed for the lcd.

Sorry for my long winded post, just thought it would be best if I explained the situation in full, thanks
    09-27-12 04:07 PM
    It's toast - try a different option and sell ok parts to the water damages model....
    My 2 cents....
    09-28-12 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD