Hi everyone! I had a 9700 for the past year and a bit and loved it, but dropped it and the lcd screen stopped working so I bought a 9800 off craisglist last night.

I was able to restore my previous backup to the wiped 9800 and it is working great. However this morning I tried to plug in my 9800 to desktop manager to do a back-up and it was asking for a password.

I have a password to unlock the phone itself and I tried it on the desktop manager, but it doesn't work. I think the old owner's usb password still applies? What do you all think? I emailed him to find out but if I don't hear back, I don't want to be stuck never backing up my device!

Is there a way to reset the usb password when connecting to desktop manager?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 12:31 PM
    Remove the phone unlock code and see if it works.

02-12-11 03:17 PM
    Desktop Manager uses the same password as you use to password protect the phone. A common mistake is assuming your password is numeric when it is not. If you think your password is 1234, but you don't press the Alt key before each digit, your password is actually wers. It won't make any difference when you are entering it on the BlackBerry, but on the PC keyboard, 1234 is not the Alt version of wers and you won't match.
    02-12-11 05:13 PM
    ^ omg. I feel like such an *****. Thank you!

02-12-11 06:15 PM
    lmfaoo that was a mistake
    02-13-11 02:17 AM
    lmfaoo
    Clearly, you are easily amused. Don't get out much?

02-13-11 10:26 AM
    im not home enough actually =[ i miss my bed
    02-13-11 01:20 PM
    Man, I would never have thought of that! You'e lucky JeffH is here, I would've had to resort to telling you to wipe the thing!
    02-13-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD