Ok everyone I want to know what an unofficial upgrade is? Will it damage my torch? Will I be able to upgrade to Official OS upgrade when available? Apparently the new Unofficial upgrade to the Torch fixes the buzzing sound...but I'm too nervous to do it.
    08-17-10 07:09 PM
    You won't be able to upgrade wirelessly when Att comes out with an official release but you can always upgrade via DM.
    08-17-10 07:40 PM
    You won't be able to upgrade wirelessly when Att comes out with an official release but you can always upgrade via DM.
    Any word from att as far as an official upgrade? So the only difference is not being to wirelesslyt upgrade but I can upgrade via dm. So let's say I download unofficical, att releases official, I download via dm... Then will I be able to download wirelessly? I'm just trying to figure out any negative reasons for unofficial os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 12:16 PM
    An unofficial OS is still an "official" RIM/BB OS. It just hasn't gone through all the QA that AT&T puts OSes through. So there's a chance that it can introduce more bugs, and there's a chance that it can fix all the bugs you've noticed so far. I don't believe it voids your warranty, and it's a relatively simple process to downgrade if you don't like it. But there's always the chance you could brick your BB if you screw up. Not a huge chance, mind you, but it can happen. Don't think of it like an unofficial OS, think of it more like a beta.

Also, AT&T doesn't release upgrades that often, so you may be stuck with this tinny sound for a while. I believe that once they do come out with an official upgrade, you can still wirelessly upgrade from a non-AT&T release, you just can't wirelessly upgrade to a beta.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD