I was using my torch this morning then all of a sudden it reboot itself. so i thought i just have to wait for it to restart but when its about to get done it turned off and reboots itself again. its been like that all day it even drained the battery. does anybody experienced the same problem? oh by the way, i did battery pull multiple times and no help. what should i do?
    04-22-11 10:39 PM
    Does it ever get to a white screen with an error code? I'm thinking you need to do an OS reinstall.
    04-22-11 10:54 PM
    Does it ever get to a white screen with an error code? I'm thinking you need to do an OS reinstall.
    Nope it does not. just that blackberry word and that loading line at the bottom. it just keeps rebooting it doesn't start up. how do i re install the OS if it doesn't startup?
    04-22-11 11:25 PM
    04-22-11 11:35 PM
    Try a battery pull and see if that helps but if not then you may have to reinstall the OS like tumblingdice said but you should make a backup using Desktop Manager before you do anything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-11 01:01 AM
    Try a battery pull and see if that helps but if not then you may have to reinstall the OS like tumblingdice said but you should make a backup using Desktop Manager before you do anything else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    oh by the way, i did battery pull multiple times and no help. what should i do?
    Sorry, just had to point this out.

This has been the norm lately with people just posting the typical response without actually reading the entire post.

Also just a little FYI, if the phone is in a constant reboot mode he wont be able to make a backup either.
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    04-23-11 06:29 AM
    Wow! thank you so much for the link. my phone is working again. and thank you all for the replies.
    tumblingdice03 likes this.
    04-24-11 02:17 AM
    Thanks for the update! Nice to know your phone is going again.
    04-24-11 11:22 AM
    I can't get past this screen. It is empty. I have tried to download two versions of OS6.0 and still nothing. Am I missing a step or just out of luck? Thanks in advance.
    10-30-11 11:23 PM
    I tried the method mentioned in the link. I downloaded the OS 6 software and installed in my laptop. After clicking the loader I connected my 9800 which was recognised. But after this I was notified that "The Blackberry desktop software does not have Blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or the system administrator." I have installed "9800jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel3106_PL6.6.0.248_A6.0.0. 723_SK_Telecom__" in my computer but I am not able to locate the alx or ali file that needs to be opened. Pl help. This rebooting problem is so frequent in my mobile that I need to learn to live with it.
    02-19-12 11:44 AM
    There is more than 1 vendor.xml file. Makes sure you delete all of them. Feel free to try the search function if you need more info.
    02-19-12 11:55 AM
    if after installing/updating an app and bb reboots endlessly, try this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ed-app-695007/
    02-22-12 06:05 AM
    I have same Problem as that of "anuragkr". Anurag did u get it solved?
    03-07-12 12:24 PM
    my phone suddenly hanged up and restarted but it got struck at boot sequence (around 75 % ) , then i re-installed os7 in my BB 9860 using App Loader, it was successful install but after that my phone is restating again and again .. my current software version is 7.1 bundle 1646 v7.1.0.523 platform 5.1.0.393 , please help me .
    02-08-14 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD