I was using a micro sim adapter & going back & forth from my torch to my iphone 4. Well this time when i tried to take out my sim from my torch it was stuck... i gently pulled & nothing... finally i realized that the tiny golden sim connectors were lodged inbetween the micro sim and the adapter... i took the phone apart thinking id be able to remove the silver part over the sim but no luck... so finally i just yanked it out and one of the tiny little golden connectors came out with it!!! now it will not read any sim i put in it ... any idea if there is a fix for this? Or if i can at least buy a new logic board? Im pretty sure thats the part of the phone on the torch that is connected to the sim tray.... please help me!!!
    10-15-10 10:14 PM
    How long have you had it for ? Most carriers have a 30 day policy in which you can swap the device back. If your within 30 days I would bring it in and tell them that upon taking out the sim, the connector came with it.
    10-16-10 05:46 AM
    And if you are outside your 30 day window, you'll have to do a warranty replacement.

I'd leave out the part about the MicroSIM adapter when you tell your story to customer service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 06:46 AM
    And if you are outside your 30 day window, you'll have to do a warranty replacement.

I'd leave out the part about the MicroSIM adapter when you tell your story to customer service.

I unscrewed the phone trying to fix it and took that little blue sticker off... So I think I'm SOL that's why I was asking if anyone knows of a service that fixes these things or sells parts?

10-17-10 12:02 AM
    I have exactly the same problem, inserted the microsim, janked it out and broke simslot and golden pins. Can someone help us please????
    11-12-10 12:59 PM
    I have exactly the same problem, inserted the microsim, janked it out and broke simslot and golden pins. Can someone help us please????
    Uh, no. Your device required physical repair.

11-12-10 03:12 PM
    I just want to follow this thread for a few laughs.
    11-12-10 04:58 PM
    Epic failness in this thread.
    11-12-10 05:16 PM
    ******* harsh. Apple and its ****ty microSim crap. No one really used microsim before them. Never taking out my sim card now like!
    11-12-10 06:19 PM
    ******* harsh. Apple and its ****ty microSim crap. No one really used microsim before them. Never taking out my sim card now like!
    Apple's way of giving a 'more integrated user experience'. Nicely put - boxing you further.

Sorry, couldn't resist posting after reading that a brand new phone got ruined due to micro-sim thing..
    11-12-10 06:53 PM
    There's plenty of services that do phone repairs, but you're gonna have to do research on pricing and reliability of the place anyways.

Some places aren't that reasonable for small repairs, others are.
    11-12-10 07:01 PM
    There's plenty of services that do phone repairs, but you're gonna have to do research on pricing and reliability of the place anyways.

Some places aren't that reasonable for small repairs, others are.
    Can you please give me some links of repair stores?? I'm from belgium but i want to send it around the world to get it fixed
    11-13-10 12:58 PM
    I just want to follow this thread for a few laughs.
    my thoughts exactly xD

yanking never achieves anything in the world of mobile phones....leav the microsim in the iPhone next time
    05-11-11 05:10 AM
    Can you please give me some links of repair stores?? I'm from belgium but i want to send it around the world to get it fixed
    Have a look here.

Brussels Computer Repairs, Maintenance & Components - AngloINFO, in Brussels, Belgium
    05-11-11 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD