Hi friends. Like i asid be4 i just got My Torch 4 not longer than a week. E ver since i jeep getting a mssg on red from time to time as SOS. Im using tmobile n hv 3 others linee on My account that by the way r working perfectly with BB 9780 2. Just to let u guys know I call tmo n a BB rep told me on Thursday that they were having network problems on NYC n NJ. I found that weird because my others phone r working ok but I said let me wait. 2 days after n still say SOS.
    CAN ANYBODY PLZ TELL ME WATS OING ON WITH MY TORCH N IF I NEED TO DO ANY SETTING. PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME. THE CONNECTION IS HIGHLIGHTER, N WIFI 2. I need my fone PLZ.
    07-02-11 07:31 PM
    Try one of the other, confirmed working SIM cards in the Torch.. if none of those work, then it's a device issue and you'll likely need to replace the device.
    07-02-11 08:04 PM
    Thx. I see that when I move around my house the signal change from weak to strong n sometimes it say edge or SOS. BUT ON MY BB9780 always say 3G. Do u know why my torch doesnt say 3G at all. I copy all the setting from the 9780 to the torch maybe I'm missing something. Plz HELP ME OUT.
    07-02-11 08:54 PM
    Whoa... you gotta use the physical keyboard lol.

I've been noticing my 3G has been dropping off a lot lately and I'm thinking it's sue to the OS I'm using because it started happening right after I updated.
    07-02-11 08:58 PM
    Sorash the Torch does not operate on T-Mobile 3G bands. You will never* get 3G with a Torch on T-Mobile.

However you CAN get UMA with your Torch on T-Mobile. Follow this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/gu...mobile-513720/

* Until after the probable merger with AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-11 01:42 AM
    I don't get 3g at my house but I know its because my house isn't in a 3g area, which stinks so bad
    07-03-11 01:56 AM
    I don't get 3g at my house but I know its because my house isn't in a 3g area, which stinks so bad
    How about wifi while at home?
    07-03-11 02:10 AM
    Try one of the other, confirmed working SIM cards in the Torch.. if none of those work, then it's a device issue and you'll likely need to replace the device.
    Still need to try this, and post back with the results. Also as others have stated YOU WILL NOT GET 3G COVERAGE WITH THE TORCH ON T-MOB they use 2 different 3G bands, you will only see EDGE.
    07-03-11 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD