Every so often I get this icon in my running programs and I have no idea what it is. It only says "menu" and if I click on it nothing happens. It freezes my torch and the only button that responds is the red end button. The only way I can get rid of this menu icon is to reboot. It seems to happen randomly and is driving me nuts.
    Anyone know what it is ??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 07:02 PM
    i had the same icon yesterday. not sure what it is either??? it did not freeze the phone but it is nothing like to know what it is though?? any ideas out here folks??
    01-15-11 08:52 PM
    its the default application icon. can show up either when an app isnt assigned an icon, or iv seen it when an app thats running in the background freezes too, such as a weather app or summat and it doesnt load when ya click it, hence why only red key or multitasking out of that frozen app is an option. gven enough time you`ll get a popup saying xxxxxxx has stopped working and has been closed (or summat to that effect).
    01-15-11 09:11 PM
    The main time I've seen this is if a quicklaunch/quickpull/some other app's device reset is interupted and not let to complete... But as you say it's the generic icon so could be a number of things really.

01-15-11 11:46 PM
    If you have an app on your phone by Jared Co, try deleting it and see if that removes the icon for good.

I had the same problem and it worked for me.
    01-16-11 07:55 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I will try and figure out what app is causing this. Until now I really have no clue.

01-16-11 09:37 AM
    I got that icon after installing the AT&T MyWireless app. Apparently it isn't very stable and keeps running in the background all the time.
    01-16-11 10:03 AM
    Spend some time with the log {ALT+LGLG} and you might beable to narrow it down. When I have somerhing wierd going on I keep the log cleared and check it at time of event. Sometimes it shows what is happening.

01-16-11 11:19 AM
    I got that icon after installing the AT&T MyWireless app. Apparently it isn't very stable and keeps running in the background all the time.
    i was gonna say the same thing. i ended up deleting the app because of it and the icon went away.
    01-16-11 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD