Hi,

I've just gotten myself an at&t bb torch and unlocked it successfully (I'm using it in Singapore with StarHub sim card). Everything seems to be working fine and I have only two questions:

1. How long is the initial battery charge? I've read that it took up to 16 hours for the first charge, but some source says that overcharging for the first batt charge is not necessary.

2. My BBM contact list does not have their pictures displayed. The installed BBM version is 5.0.1.34. I upgraded it with the newer BBM v5.0.1.38 hoping that it would solve the display picture problem, but still no luck. I also tried to reboot the device twice without any success in displaying my contacts' pictures. Anybody encountering the same problem? Any known solution to this?

Thanks and hope to hear some answers!
    09-10-10 06:54 AM
    I initially charged the battery for about 8 hours - the battery had some charge in it when I first turned it on. It seems I got better battery life after the first couple of charges though.

As far as BBM, 5.0.1.38 is the latest version and you shouldn't be having any issues with pics. n If you have done a battery pull after updating, I would recommend you unistall BBM and reinstall and see if that doiesn't fix the issue.
    09-10-10 06:59 AM
    thanks ibcop, but I just tried that but still no disp pict..
    i guess i'll just have to wait till they release a newer bbm version?
    09-10-10 07:24 AM
    Try to go into BBM, hit the BB button, options, scroll down to display pictures, and check the box to replace caller ID pics with display pictures
    09-10-10 07:34 AM
    hey kbz1960,

didn't work as well.. i'm pretty sure what u were describing was to replace caller ID (for your Contacts) with the display pictures of contacts linked in your BBM contacts..
    anyway, thanks
    still no solution tho...
    09-10-10 08:38 AM
    Okay, I am assuming your contatcs had their picture displaying prior to you getting the Torch? Some people opt not to display a pic - just a thought. Have you done a restore of your contacts?
    09-10-10 08:43 AM
    Huh I don't use bbm but I thought I had read that if bbm is linked to your contacts it will show the contact pic you have instead of the persons bbm image.
    09-10-10 08:43 AM
    Huh I don't use bbm but I thought I had read that if bbm is linked to your contacts it will show the contact pic you have instead of the persons bbm image.
    It does. The OP didn't pick up on what you were saying.
    09-10-10 08:48 AM
    I am having trouble getting "Buzz off" to install properly. Instructions from the website requires for you to go to options --> applications and allow, however, Torch does not seem to have this menu. Does anyone know how best to get this software to work with the BB Torch.
    09-10-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD