Hello guys,

I brought the torch about 3 days ago, and I have never used a bb before. Please help me .

I just recently set up my gmail account in bb torch. However, bb only shows the emails that I received SINCE the day of set up. There are like 800+ emails when I access my email through a laptop. How can I see all of them in bb?

the other question that i have is how can I delete applications such as "bloomberg", "ESPN", "WHERE"? I dnt need them. !

thanks in advance
    02-15-11 07:15 PM
    If I'm correct, when you set up you gmail account, it will only show emails that arrive after the set up. I don't think it's retroactive to include emails already recived an in your main inbox. However, not being a gmail user, I am not 100% on this.

As far as deleting the applications, from the home screen go to Options>Device>Application Management. Scroll to the application you want to delete and click on it, you will then have an option to delete it.
    ke_fx likes this.
    02-15-11 07:25 PM
    On your laptop, mark all the gmail as unread an I think they will sync up with your Torch.

As for the apps. If they are a true app, touch and hold your finger on the icon until some options appear and then select delete. Or press and hold the trackpad until the icon options appear.
    Some icons appear to be apps but are actually just links. If you can't delete them then use the hide option. Again, just touch and hold your finger on the icon and then choose hide.
    The other way is more complicated and involves the use of a PC, software and the knowledge of what files to delete. This is for experienced users and if done incorrectly can render the device inoperable.
    DawgMan and ke_fx like this.
    02-15-11 07:31 PM
    sorry to bother again.
    I need all those emails because I always make notes in the email, and save personal info in the "drafts".

as for deleting applications, I cant delete "espn", "bloomberg" i guess they arent applications because i havent download them yet? they are just icons on the home screen. so how can i get rid of those?
    02-15-11 07:42 PM
    sorry to bother again.
    I need all those emails because I always make notes in the email, and save personal info in the "drafts".

as for deleting applications, I cant delete "espn", "bloomberg" i guess they arent applications because i havent download them yet? they are just icons on the home screen. so how can i get rid of those?
    'HIDE' them

Did you try marking the gmail as UNREAD via the laptop?
    ke_fx likes this.
    02-15-11 07:46 PM
    @pmccartney, unreading every single message, and sync them up in my phone, would that take MB to do so? i only have 20mb! =( sadly
    02-15-11 07:47 PM
    You might be better off trying the Gmail for mobile via the browser.
    Gmail for mobile
    It has a nice user interface and you will see all 800 of your existing messages.
    ke_fx likes this.
    02-15-11 08:01 PM
    @pmccartney, yea that works perfectly!

i just have 1 more question. =) sorry!

i was a t-mobile user, and my phone was Motorola ROKR E8. I have a couple hundreds of contacts in that phone. and I am wondering how can i transfer those #s into the bb without doing it entering the #s one by one.
    02-15-11 08:23 PM

i was a t-mobile user, and my phone was Motorola ROKR E8. I have a couple hundreds of contacts in that phone. and I am wondering how can i transfer those #s into the bb without doing it entering the #s one by one.
    Does the motorola have a way to connect it to a computer? if so, the bb desktop manager might be able to read your phone's address book and allow you to copy it over.
    02-15-11 11:17 PM
    ^ gardengnome is on to something although you DM6 won't connect directly to your Motorola. If you can export you email from the Motorola to MS Outlook, DM will be able to read them from MS Outlook and sync to your Torch.
    02-16-11 08:49 AM
    In relation to receiving email to BB torch via gmail .. Is there any way i can turn off ONLY the email notifications so "msg icon" does not appear on my home screen?
    02-16-11 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD