Help i can't (it won't let me)set up the email on my Torch

Hello, i have a problem that is driving me mad, i have a new Torch it was on Vodaphone (UK) network but has been unlocked to all networks as i am on Virgin media, i put my sim in and all was working fine i set up my Blackberry email fine and also one of my email accounts i use on my laptop and they both worked fine, i wanted to transfer some photos to my torch from my curve using the Blackberry desktop software so i pluged in my torch and it asked if i wanted to upgrade to the latest 0S so i did, after this i couldn't send emails only receive but i wasnt getting my Blackberry emails come through, i was told to do a factory settings restore so i did and nothings changed,(OS 6.0 bundle 2647) i recived a message from Blackberry registration telling me my handheld has been registered with the wireless network, now everything else works fine BBM ,texts, calls apps but when i go into email Set up and click on email accounts and i see the 2 email account settings if i click on the top one it goes back onto the previous screen (email accounts) i can click on Enterprise though, its not letting me set up the email account can i do anything to fix this many thanks Sue, p.s i have read on another forum that its a RIM fault that they are aware off and that they can send a patch is this true would it work for me.
    07-24-11 04:59 PM
    log back in to the computer and re send the service books to your device.

you can also do this via the menu bu going to advanced, host routing table, then hitting the BB button and selecting register now.
    07-24-11 05:09 PM
    log back in to the computer and re send the service books to your device.

you can also do this via the menu bu going to advanced, host routing table, then hitting the BB button and selecting register now.
    Exactly what I was going to post. With the exception that you can use the email setup app and once logged in you can press the BB button and choose "service Books" then "resend".
    07-24-11 05:17 PM
    Exactly what I was going to post. With the exception that you can use the email setup app and once logged in you can press the BB button and choose "service Books" then "resend".
    except for that the user is having issues with BIS email client on the device.
    crazydaisey likes this.
    07-24-11 06:15 PM
    Hello and thanks for your help, i have done this again and registered again just received the message back Blackberry registration, if i go onto compose email its saying no message services configured you will be redirected to the set-up wizard to set up your email account, if i select OK nothing happens i can't even select cancel as it seems to freeze i can't go back but if i press the blackberry button i can go on the homescreen again, its very frustrating, i had both email accounts working fine until i upgraded any help would be appreciated, many thanks again Sue.
    07-24-11 06:50 PM
    when i go into email Set up and click on email accounts and i see the 2 email account settings if i click on the top one it goes back onto the previous screen (email accounts)
    except for that the user is having issues with BIS email client on the device.
    According to this he/she can login via the setup email app. Anyways not to argue semantics either way works.

As for the OP, I would almost dare to say something went wonky with your OS install. At this point I would make a complete backup via DM(Desktop manager), then download and install the OS to your PC, then reload the OS via loader.exe. If your not familiar with the process you can look at the stickies(.600 official) on the top of this forum and there are several guides posted on how to do this.
    crazydaisey likes this.
    07-24-11 07:34 PM
    Hello, yes i will try the new download, i have never done it via the loader.exe before but i will have a go, thank you for your help, best wishes Sue.
    07-24-11 08:12 PM
    Hi, i'm sorted now i have both email accounts back, i emailed virgin media who rang me back the lovely man at Blackberry help sent something to my phone and after a reboot and he entered my email details at his end alls working now, don't quite know why the last person i spoke to there couldn't help thanks again Sue.
    07-25-11 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD