So I have had my Torch now for 3 months. I am on T-Mobile and everything works great on it except I can't send pics through text. When I go to compose, I don't get the option to send an MMS, only text, pin, messenger, facebook, IM, Email, and social feeds post. Did I miss something when I set it up for T-Mobile? I can send pics through Email, BB Messenger and to Facebook, but not text. Help....
    11-28-10 11:43 AM
    Select Compose Other>Compose Text Message>pick your contact>Attach>Picture and then send it.

Or go to your pictures>choose picture>Send>Text Message>Select your contact and send it.
    11-28-10 11:49 AM
    Tried both ways, still does not work. Could it be that since it's a 5.0MP picture, that the file is too large to send through text? IDK. This is frustrating.
    11-28-10 12:09 PM
    So you don't get the toolbar at the bottom that has the little attachment icon when you're in the text message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 12:14 PM
    When you attach a picture in a text message it will format it to the size for mms, also mms and sms are both grouped together now. You should have a paper clip in the toolbar in a text message.

11-28-10 12:54 PM
    I don't have a problem attaching a picture. The problem is when I send the message, I get a red X instead of the checkmark that says it was sent. This only happens on text messages. I can send pics through email and BB messenger with no problems.
    11-28-10 02:54 PM
    Do you have a BB Data plan? Are other BB services working? SMS is over the paging channel through the voice network. MMS is over the data network via the uSGSN. Look at the the TMO website for the e.164 of the MMSC...

Smaller pictures working or no pictures working at all?
    11-28-10 02:56 PM
    Yes I have a unlimited BB data plan. Tried sending smaller pics and it works!!! WTF??? I thought that MMS messages used the internet to send the pics and text went over the voice network!?!?!?
    11-28-10 04:36 PM
    They do but there are still image size limits for MMS much like the 160 char limit for SMS...

11-28-10 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD