Ok, so I wenrt to my media folder, and clicked explore, I deleted a thing called "slacker" and a few more things I think I didn't need. But now my cnn, at&t music, fandango, and many more icons are the "browser icon (a globe thing)". How do I get the unique icons back?!?! Also my bookmarks aren't showing the symbols either. Please take the time out of your day and help me, it would be greatly appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 05:24 PM
    have you tried re-starting your device? perhaps the files you deleted will be replaced on a clean boot?
    04-04-11 05:30 PM
    have you tried re-starting your device? perhaps the files you deleted will be replaced on a clean boot?
    How fo you restart? Just by holding the power button?

04-04-11 05:32 PM
    Resend your Service Books if a Battery Pull doesn't work.

Do a Battery Pull (ie restart the device) by removing the battery with the device turned on and then putting it back in the device and allowing it to start back up.

Don't panic. This is normal.
    04-04-11 05:34 PM
    Easiest way is to pull the battery out. That is a hard reset.

You can perform a soft reset by pressing and holding ALT + DEL + R-SHIFT

In this case, I would pull the battery

04-04-11 05:35 PM
    Guys something strange has happened, I was just looking at my icons and the seemingly randomly "popped backed into life" after 5 minutes lol. They just got their color back, it probably was loading. Is something wrong with my blackberry? Becuase I don't want a defective device if that's the case. Has this happened to anyone?

04-04-11 05:42 PM
    Guys something strange has happened, I was just looking at my icons and the seemingly randomly "popped backed into life" after 5 minutes lol. They just got their color back, it probably was loading. Is something wrong with my blackberry? Becuase I don't want a defective device if that's the case. Has this happened to anyone?
    It's not defective, much like your computer, don't delete files unless you know what you're doing... Uninstall your apps through the app world, or delete them from the home screen...

Exploring the phone's data/files, and deleting random things could end badly... Be careful

04-04-11 05:45 PM
    Again, this is normal.

Once the Service Books got sent back to the device (and sometimes it just takes a little bit of time), the icons returned to normal.

Just relax.
    04-04-11 05:51 PM
    Not to sound like a oversensitive whinner, but how do i know if ive deleted something important? lol. And what are service books? Sorry, im relatively new to blackberrys
    04-04-11 06:07 PM
    service books are like data info that the BB devices needs for it's functions.
    Have you ever backed up your device using Blackberry Desktop Software? Either way, if your icons don't come back after rebooting your device, and assuming you have Blackberry Desktop Software on your computer, open Blackberry Desktop Software and plug in your Torch. The Blackberry Desktop Software should recognize your phone and you should be able get the Torch back on it's feet.

Make sure you reboot your Torch first to see if that solves your issues.
    let us know.
    04-04-11 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD