Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default HELP! Cannot synch with desktop

When I try to synch with the desktop software I get this:
    "default service for your device's "Address Book" is no longer available. The new service for synchronization is <blank>@gmail.com.
    Click OK to continue synchronizing your data with your new default service.
    Click Cancel to stop the synchronization, revisit your default services on your device and try to use your original default service from the last time you synchronized. On your device, click the Options icon, then Advanced Options>Default serivces".
    Problem is, in the Options, there is no Advanced Options. If I go into Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Default Services, it shows that I can change my Calendar and my Messages to whichever email I want (including Facebook) but not my Contact List. This is very frustrating as I cannot synch my business contacts with my business email, but can synch them with my private email. I do not recall at anytime being asked by my device with which email to synch contacts/calendar/or messages.
    I have tried deleting both email address and setup only business email and it doesn't matter, it gives me no options.
    I have tried Setup>Internet Mail Account>Edit>Synchronization Options, but it only shows Deleted Items with a check mark. My device is up to date with 6.0 Bundle 3049.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

The same thing happened to me a while back after I added my gmail account onto my torch. Google seems to take over the phone and it drove me crazy! I couldn't change the default option, either. I ended up wiping the phone and never letting gmail in again. I have my gmail forwarded to another email account that is on my phone, and my contacts are from my Outlook program on my computer, although I can also see my Google contacts through the browser (not the native contact list). I have always wondered why that happened. I hope someone can shed some light on this so you don't have to wipe your phone to get rid of the problem like I did.