Hi, everyone!.
    I bought a used BB Torch 9800 from a guy who bought it from at&t, but my carrier is Claro (the new Verizon here in Puerto Rico)..I inserted my SIM card and in the screen appeared: Enter Network MEP code (0 left)...but I don't have it....I've tried tons of things to find it out, but nothing worked.
    Pease, could anyone help me so I can unlock this at&t BB Torch 9800, how can I make it work with my carrier.

Few information:
    -BB Torch 9800
    -Platform: 6.4.0.105
    -App Version: 6.0.0.246 (695)
    -PIN: 22bc4413
    -IMEI: 353490.04.002206.9
    -I have an apple computer (In case that I need to download any program in the process)

**another question**
    Are there any possible way to use Facebook, Twitter, or App World using only wi-fi connection before or after I unlock the BB? Because I try to use those apps and a message box appears saying 'The data service not operational'

Here's my email [email protected]
    Thank you very much!
    06-22-11 06:23 PM
    If the MEP retries are Zero, you're done. There's no unlocking it. You need to send it in somewhere to have it unlocked.

You will also need to have a Blackberry Data plan. I would not bother to contact your carrier until you resolve the unlocking issue.
    06-22-11 06:38 PM
    Oh, and did you buy it through some auction site like eBay? Did he say it was unlocked? Did you attempt to enter in a MEP code?
    06-22-11 06:46 PM
    Does the new verizon use a sim card there? In the USA verizon does not use the sim card as they are a CDMA network.
    06-22-11 08:20 PM
    @saudadeii's I heard that you can reset the MEP code counter using the BlackBerry Desktop Software for apple or pc...no, I didn't bought it from ebay or any site, a friend sold it to me. And no, I didn't put any MEP code.

@kbz1960 Yes, Claro has SIM card (Verizon dissappeared, now the network is Claro)
    06-22-11 09:15 PM
    So, theres really no solution at all? :/
    06-24-11 03:05 AM
    You can contact the people in the first post in this thread, I don't know anything about unlocking.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f207/fr...ockers-514098/
    06-24-11 05:01 AM
    I've seen a few posts claiming to be able to reset the counter with a sw download but none have reported back as being successful. You need to contact an unlocking service (there are plenty on here), and ask if they have the equipment to do this.

If the seller claimed it was already unlocked in the ad, I'd file a complaint depending on where it was advertised. If they made no such claim, you've learned a valuable lesson.
    06-24-11 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD