Forgive me if this has been asked already, but I could use some help on which touchscreen settings I need to adjust for this problem: When I'm on calls, those calls are constantly muted, put on speakerphone, or put on hold by my cheek. I don't press the phone to my face very hard, but these things are always happening. Can anyone offer suggestions on which settings I need to change to keep this from happening? I have no idea what the options mean/what they do.

I'm sure others are having this issue, too. It's just getting annoying to be in the middle of a phone interview and having my cheek mute the call :-/

Help, anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-10 06:25 PM
    Very easy. Take your screen protector off. It is interfering with the proximity sensor. Cut a whole in it for the sensore just to the right of the LED and you'll be fine.

09-06-10 06:31 PM
    What type of screen protector do you have if any? I have a clear/thin one and do not have this issue. I could see where the privacy screen protector could cause this to happen since it is much thicker.
    09-06-10 06:59 PM
    I don't use a screen protector (am thinking about buying one, though).

09-06-10 07:05 PM
    I don't think there is an adjustment for this. There is a proximity sensor that detects when you have the phone next to your ear during a call and turns the screen off. Sounds like it isn't working.
    09-06-10 07:08 PM
    If you hold the device up like you are on a call, you should see the detector start to flicker. If you don't, there is the issue and there is no adjustment for this. Defective device.

09-06-10 08:25 PM
    Tested the proximity sensor and it was working fine. Maybe I just got unlucky a few times. I'll keep testing it and see what happens, I guess.

09-06-10 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD