View Poll Results: Im screwed, do i need a new phone?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 20.00%
  • No

4 80.00%
    Don't know what to say... your driver is 2007. Mine is 2008. I suggest you send Microsoft an email...
    Maybe send RIM an email as well since they wrote the drivers (2007 and 2008). I find it strange that the latest version of DM doesn't come with a set of drivers that's newer than 2007 and 2008.
    09-22-10 12:13 AM
    Well ya'll missed a basic Windows feature. With the device plugged in, go into the Device Manager on your PC and select the BB Phone components. right-Click and delete them ( i note where they are below). Now scan for new hardware via the menu of the Device Manager or simply unplug and re-plugin the phone.

Delete anything RIM under Serial Port, Disk Drives, USB Controllers and Portable Devices,

This will reload the drivers.

On the device, Under Options > Device > Storage, do you see the SD card and built in storage info? Try removing the SD card and see what happens.
    Last edited by shansmi; 09-22-10 at 12:23 AM.
    09-22-10 12:13 AM
    Hey guys, i would just like to thank everyone who tried to help me!! You guys are great! Seems as soon as i updated my OS software, the syncing works fine. Guess it was a bad install of the OS. Thread closed.
    09-22-10 09:41 PM
    Awesome!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 09:44 PM
    Hello everyone, i would like to start by apologizing in advance if this may be a duplicate posting (which i don't believe it is, because i have searched high and low, but still have come up with nothing.)

This may, or may not have anything to do with it, but i want to include the following information as it may be helpful to whomever may be helping me.
    -I am running OS6.0.0.214 on the torch (i would love to update it, but i cant get a "stable" connection.)
    -I am running windows 7
    -I have downloaded the newest version of Blackberry Desktop Software (6.0.0.43)
    -I have an 8GB Memory card installed

Whenever i connect my blackberry to the PC, it seems to "try" to connect, with a failure everytime. Regardless of which option (USB Drive, Sync, Charge) is chosen, it always seems to charge the battery of the phone, but nothing else. The memory card "drive" never seems to mount in "My Computer", nor does the desktop software recognize the device for the most part. When BBDesktop DOES recognize the phone, it sometimes asks me to enable "Mass Storage Mode" on the phone. Other times it will just hang in the connection stage and disconnect itself. When mass storage mode is enabled, you hear the "USB OUT" sound from windows. I then have to disconnect the phone and start all over again. HELP!!

I've tried using Windows' device manager to disable from "allowing the computer to turn off this device to save power" with no luck. While in the device manager i did notice that under my USB Controllers tab, there is an object titled "USB Mass Storage Device" with a triangle yellow caution sign next to it. Under the device description, it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

Sorry for the post being so long, just wanted to give as much info as i could. Thanx in advance for anyone who may be willing or able to help. If not, i'll probably be giving AT&T a visit.

Just for the record hope you got it fixed, but here goes im also using win7 long before it hit the stores, but anytime you connect your phone in win7 it will recognize the phone if it dont that means that it didnt update the data correct, you should however update DM to the latest 6 which i find easer to use and with more options, then when you plug in the phone wait for everything to go smooth first then hit charge but you can choose anything cause DM 6 got the option to sync dir to card thats not a problem. look in devices and printers to make sure its stable, its DM thats giving the problem but there are a million ways to skin a cat.
    11-06-10 02:54 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD