View Poll Results: Problems with the Torch?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, working flawlessly

96 57.14%
  • Minor issues, light leak, wiggly button, doesn't make phone less fun to use

32 19.05%
  • Moderate problems - screen wiggles, trackpad loose, somewhat detracts from the overall enjoyment

24 14.29%
  • Major problem - something fell off, doesn't turn on - can't use the phone very well at all

17 10.12%
  • I gave up and bought an iPhone

6 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Have you had problems with your Torch 9800 - a quick poll
    YES!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Go away and enjoy your iPhone. You know you have never had an issue with a Torch - you have an iPhone - quit lying. It's pathetic.
    Last edited by theodoreandon; 09-10-10 at 02:55 PM.
    09-10-10 02:51 PM
    yes, i got it replaced yesterday, but this new one i have, the camera doesnt work??? i can open up the camera, but it doesnt take pictures. if i click the camera button to take a picture, it flashes, but it doesnt take the picture. then i can't even hover over the camera on the touchscreen?? idk what's going on, but i'm about to head to the at&t store right now
    I'd wipe the phone and reinstall the OS just incase you don't need to swap the phone out.
    09-10-10 03:48 PM
    im on my third phone. the first one, the plastic button started peeling off, the second one would drop the network every night and i had to restart it in the morning for it to pick up the network again.

this one has screen wiggle and the first two didnt. now i upgraded to the latest software and im getting the stupid waiting icon every other screen i goto.

i open address book, and boom waiting.... waiting...

open email waiting.... waiting...

open calculator, type 3 numbers waiting.... waiting...

click end key to bring phone to life since its sitting on the table not doing anything and guess what... waiting.... waiting... waiting.... waiting...

The stupid defective storm Saga AGAIN. but this time with a torch, and with AT&T not VZW.
    You upgraded to what? .214? Did you just finish doing it and haven't done a few battery pulls yet? I have no lag whatsoever. Everything is nice and snappy.
    09-10-10 03:54 PM
    i dont have arabic keyboard in my bb 9800

i need help to install it

i use mac os
    09-12-10 07:11 AM
    It seems like lots of people here have been having some sort of problem or another with the 9800.

They range from minor little things that only slightly hamper the enjoyment of the phone to larger issues like keys falling off that make the phone difficult/impossible to use.

What has your experience been like?
    I can't seem to get my camera to work at all. I just got it tonight as a birthday gift and tried to take a photo of my cat and realized it doesn't work. Any suggestions? My phone claims it has the most updated software (6 bundle 278). It also lags from time to time but not too badly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 02:08 AM
    Had I answered this poll yesterday, I would have answered that it's been flawless. Today, my answer is Major problem. While attempting to open an email this morning, my Torch first froze and then it shut down. I can't get it started again. I've tried numerous battery pulls with no success.

I had considered upgrading the OS this past weekend, but decided against it. Now, I'm really glad that I did. I guess I'm heading to the AT&T store today.

The 30 days just applies to returns of the unit, right? There is a longer warranty, isn't there? I bought my Torch the day it became available and today is day 31.
    09-13-10 08:43 AM
    Had I answered this poll yesterday, I would have answered that it's been flawless. Today, my answer is Major problem. While attempting to open an email this morning, my Torch first froze and then it shut down. I can't get it started again. I've tried numerous battery pulls with no success.

I had considered upgrading the OS this past weekend, but decided against it. Now, I'm really glad that I did. I guess I'm heading to the AT&T store today.

The 30 days just applies to returns of the unit, right? There is a longer warranty, isn't there? I bought my Torch the day it became available and today is day 31.
    You should give this a try - it will be a lot easier than doing the return now that you're past 30 days:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

And while you're at it update to .214 if you want. I recommend it. It won't do anything regarding your warranty and you can always go back to .141 if you prefer it for some crazy reason.
    09-13-10 09:53 AM
    My Torch wasn't "nuked". It wouldn't power up at all. No LED, no white screen, nothing. It was as if there were no battery installed.

I was able to get a replacement, even though I was at 31 days. At first, they were going to make me go to a Device Support Center, which isn't really that far away. However, before sending me over there, he checked to see if they had any Torches in stock at the DSC. They didn't. So, he swapped it out for me at the store.
    09-13-10 04:54 PM
    Makes squeeky noises on the bezel area behind the lock button, the front keys near the optical pad are sticking out and just not as they should be, the optical pad itself is lifted and pops in and out of place slightly as if double clicking sometimes when u press it.

Ugh, getting quite annoying.
    09-13-10 05:56 PM
    I'm just curious, how long have people have the phone before the problems listed in this thread appeared? I just got mine Saturday and have had no issues so far, but I'm a bit apprehensive now. Mine was made in Mexico, if that means anything.
    09-13-10 07:00 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD