Im looking into rebuilding my now spare torch. Has anyone here removed or installed the speaker on this thing. I've looked at every video I can find and no one touches the thing. I believe its pretty important but I have no idea how it works. Does it just go into the housing. I dont see any obvious connectors for it. A little help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-28-11 04:38 PM
    The speakers is held in the front slider with pressure. There are spring contacts. Everything goes through that ribbon cable. It's a lot of work to get to that speaker. Why are you replacing it? Broken?
    04-28-11 05:13 PM
    The speakers is held in the front slider with pressure. There are spring contacts. Everything goes through that ribbon cable. It's a lot of work to get to that speaker. Why are you replacing it? Broken?
    No I made a custom skunk berry (white screen black trim) by combining two torches together. That ordeal was chronicled here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/cu...-torch-603386/
    I want to rebuild the spare torch to stock black and was going to buy a digitizer/lcd/ear piece since I already have the whole housing.
    04-28-11 05:19 PM
    It can be done but it never seems to go back together the same. I was even able to remove the lcd without breaking it. The adhesive that holds the cover for the bottom 4 bottoms needs to be replaced. Its kinda like weather stripping. I managed to cut some thin strips of double sided tape but its not as good. Try taking it apart first and see what breaks

I bought a complete front on ebay for around 90$. Now have the other one as a backup.
    04-28-11 05:42 PM
    It can be done but it never seems to go back together the same. I was even able to remove the lcd without breaking it. The adhesive that holds the cover for the bottom 4 bottoms needs to be replaced. Its kinda like weather stripping. I managed to cut some thin strips of double sided tape but its not as good. Try taking it apart first and see what breaks

I bought a complete front on ebay for around 90$. Now have the other one as a backup.
    Yeah I know what you mean. That's why Im getting a new lcd, because I hear most people ruin it in the process.
    04-28-11 05:48 PM
    The custom job didnt need to take off the LCDs, but this next project will.
    04-28-11 05:52 PM
    Check on youtube on how to do it.
    04-28-11 07:29 PM
    Check on youtube on how to do it.
    Every single teardown doesnt touch the ear piece. Even the assembly videos start with it already on. A little frustrating to say the least.
    04-28-11 09:49 PM
    See my thread below. Gets into the guts of the front screen assembly and its components.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/so...u-dare-605798/

Max

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD