i have never used this product and i wanted to know if anyone has used it to control their desktop from their pc..any information would be greatly appreciated

ps. beforei purchase if there is a better app for this task can some one please let me know ....again thanks so much
    09-07-10 05:24 AM
    no one
    09-07-10 02:05 PM
    They have a free trial for 7 days, so why not just use that.
    09-07-10 02:07 PM
    I have it on my Torch. I've actually had rdm+ for about 2 years now, using it before on my Bold 9000. I like the app a lot. Especially when my not so tech-savy parents need help with their computer. I simply hope on my phone and show them how its done.

Only beef with RDM+ on Torch....cannot move around or zoom in using the touchscreen. Uses inputs from the trackpad. Not a bad thing, but the quickness would be helpful. Also, since this goes through the RDM system to control the computer, there is a little lag. Not any phones fault, just the way the system is set up.

All in all, helpful app. I bought it when CB ran a 50% off promotion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 03:24 PM
    I tried the app but its soooo laggy ..any similar apps with better performance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 04:34 PM
    RDM+ works fine on the Torch--they have a touch screen version and a trackball/trackpad version. The RDM+ software recognizes the Torch as trackball/trackpad and won't allow the touch screen version to run. So for me, it runs the same as on my Bold 9000 (except the bigger Torch screen help a bunch).

I hope a Torch update would support both touch screen and trackpad.

There is a very cool factor when using RDM+ in that you have full control of your PC from the Blackberry--as in, look there is my Windows 7 desktop on my cell phone.

In practical use, I find it is tedious to do some tasks. I do use it to grab a quick mp3 or Word doc. I guess I like knowing that I could do anything on the road with just my Blackberry if I had enough time and patience.
    09-07-10 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD