...that their front metal piece (the one with the talk, menu, back, end buttons) is starting to look like it's peeling up at the edge near both the green button and the red button? I love my new Torch and am not trying to nitpick but I noticed it today and was wondering if it was worth an exchange for a new one. I realize this sounds a little confusing and I could explain in further detail, but I was just curious if anyone else has noticed this.
    08-15-10 10:10 PM
    First off, I don't own a Torch, yet, BUT there are other posts of people having the entire piece come off. Haven't seen a lot of posts about this, but you aren't the only one where the buttons are giving them trouble.
    08-15-10 10:13 PM
    Nothing like this for me after two days... Not exactly sure what could "peel up" though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 10:14 PM
    Thanks a lot. I went a few pages back to search for it to try and avoid a double post, but I didn't see anything. At least now I know it's not just me and will go in and talk to ATT this week. Thanks.
    08-15-10 10:15 PM
    I purchased the screen protector at the same time when I bought the torch. And I had ATT guys to put the screen protector for me. The guy tried to tap the protector and redo again, the piece came off with the protector. They gave me another new phone on the spot. I took a good look of the piece, it is simply a nice look sticker. I think many ppl will have this problem after they used the phone for a while.
    08-15-10 10:16 PM
    Nothing like this for me after two days... Not exactly sure what could "peel up" though

Sorry for the terrible image (the current computer I'm on now lacks any type of image editing app)

I put a tiny gray box over the areas where it appears to be coming up<, right where the corner of the button meets the screen. Hope this makes it a little more clear for ya!
    08-15-10 10:24 PM
    I'll take a look at it when I get to a CP. That's for the image though! Not coming up on my bb for some reason

08-15-10 10:26 PM
    See thats why I always wait when a phone first comes out....everyone wants to run out and buy one but there is always something wrong with it...for example the Iphone 4....lol sometimes its good to be last in line....
    08-15-10 10:45 PM
    I have the same problem. I ran my finger across the screen and onto those buttons and it was uneven and it really started to worry me. I'd go back to the AT&T store, but I'm a bit worried I'd get one with a similar problem. In light of this the only thing that'd make the Torch truly perfect for me would be if the buttons were touch sensitive rather than being tactile buttons.
    08-15-10 11:36 PM
    can you guys start posting the manufacturing country of the Torches with Problems?
    i have zero issues with my Torch.. am i lucky? NO?
    my torch might be the RULE and these issues are the exception.

we have 4 torches in the house right now
    all are working fine. nothing bad to report.
    Made in Mexico. Accesories made in Japan, Turkey and France.
    purchased at a corp store in MA
    08-15-10 11:42 PM
    I have not had this problem or seen any sign of it. But I am using the commuter otter box case (I am thinking maybe the lip on the case blocks you from being able to cause this problem). Manufactured same as post above.
    08-16-10 12:06 AM

Made in Mexico Accesories made in Japan, Turkey and France
    Sounds like RIM is scared to give us working boys a and girls a job in the USA. That's the problem.. If you want it made right then MAKE IT RIGHT!

08-16-10 12:08 AM
    Sounds like RIM is scared to give us working boys a and girls a job in the USA. That's the problem.. If you want it made right then MAKE IT RIGHT!

and the iphone 4 is made in China..
    c'mon it's impossible to find anything with a MADE in the USA today..
    even New Balance which was originally made in the US..
    you can find a lot of them with made in China

but they can assemble it here ( so there'll be work)
    the Toyota that we drive is assembled in Kentucky.

08-16-10 12:14 AM
    I have not had this problem or seen any sign of it. But I am using the commuter otter box case (I am thinking maybe the lip on the case blocks you from being able to cause this problem). Manufactured same as post above.
    I'm using the OtterBox case and I have this problem. Mine was manufactured in Mexico and purchased at an AT&T store in Los Angeles, CA.
    08-16-10 12:22 AM

You do know RIM is Canadian, right? Hey, you have nothing to complain about. You got your 9800 for free. Yes I am jealous...
    08-16-10 12:28 AM
    I have no problems with mine and mine does not seem to be peeling. mine was made in hungary.
    08-16-10 06:06 AM
    from appearances, this seems a manufacturing issue. no doubt, it's already been brought to the attention of both rim and at&t. for those that have suffered this or similar issues, it might be helpful to mention where your device was made.

in the meantime, fingers crossed this is not a widespread issue.
    08-16-10 07:38 AM
    I have no problems with mine and mine does not seem to be peeling. mine was made in hungary.
    Hungary? and here i am thinking to see made in Canada or Mexico only..
    that's good to know. if you have time can you post this as well in the thread that we're trying to fill.. Post your problems with Torch and Country oF origin
    thanks
    08-16-10 07:41 AM
    WOW.... Im so glad I jumped ship and went Droid..... not RIM's lates device appears to be having more quality issues.... the Storm, Storm2, Bold & Tour all had quality issues..... now this. Way to go RIM.
    08-16-10 07:49 AM
    are you sure that the protector is still not on it?

cause it happened to me too when i first got the phone.. after peeling off all the protective film i was using it and i noticed that the film on the keys was still there.. the top layer must have separated from the bottom layer..

so after i tried to peel it off, it came off..
    08-16-10 09:06 AM
    are you sure that the protector is still not on it?

cause it happened to me too when i first got the phone.. after peeling off all the protective film i was using it and i noticed that the film on the keys was still there.. the top layer must have separated from the bottom layer..

so after i tried to peel it off, it came off..
    It's definitely not a protector. If you look at the phone a certain angle, you can see the metal button clearly curving upwards.
    08-16-10 09:56 AM
    In reference to the country of origin, mine was made in Mexico.
    08-16-10 10:03 AM
    No peeling for me. In regards to those buttons though. my back button has a slight stickiness to it when I push it. No biggie though. My 9700's end call button did the same thing.
    08-16-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD