I'm about to test to see if it'll charge other USB devices .
    Criminey why didn't I think of this!!

Every day I am tinkering with my phone, it's so much fun!! As a BB user, I am just thrilled to have a browser that isn't complete crap, FINALLY!! I love love love it!!

I do wish that BB apps were not so expensive, though. :0
    08-18-10 02:39 PM
    I think what they mean is that it's not a dedicated wall charger in the sense that it doesn't have it's own cord. You have to use the single supplied USB cable either to plug into the wall or plug into your PC. Previously you would get a wall charger with a cord attached as well as a USB cable for the PC. Much easier than having to go back and forth with the cable, especially if you don't have easy access to the wall outlet.

I just ordered a couple more USB cables at monoprice.com for a few bucks, but I think the point is that this was a very cheap way to go with the USB wall plug.
    Actually, as much as I travel, the smaller the things I have to carry the better...the charger works GREAT for me!!!
    08-18-10 02:42 PM
    another day..but my happiness for my Torch is still a 10 out of 10.
    it's funny i'm still excited to use the device..
    i'm still exploring all the features it has to offer.
    but that's just me
    Not just you...that describes me also! I love the phone and just gave my excellent Bold 9000 to my sister in law. Now she will get hooked on BB!
    08-18-10 02:54 PM
    Why is it BB fans always call Iphones/Android devices toys? These devices can do everything BB's can and more in all honesty.

Also if the device battery gets flat in half a day, it's got a faulty battery.

Any Android/Iphone can equal a BB in the business world these days, activesync over SSL means they are just as fast and can be as secure if properly configured.

I know some people like keyboards and well there's android devices do that too, you may like/dislike either the OS/Phone but the capability is absolutely there.

I use a BB primarily for various reasons but I also have a Nexus and that can easily do over a day before needing a charge and that's a serious bit of technology.

I am, however still a BB fan!
    Not true.
    Android and I phone are missing one key feature that Blackberry offers. Security. For basic functions, granted Iphone and Android offer just as many as BB (more even) so email, some file editing, phone (duh!), but the BB is much quicker for email (for psychos who NEED to get their emails two seconds before they're sent) AND the encryption protocols are MUCH better than anything else on the market. So no, there is NO Iphone or ANdroid that can REALLY compete on the business market yet.
    08-18-10 03:03 PM
    Love the Torch. Is it the iPhone? No. Is it an Android phone? No. Does it manage my information, provides excellent messaging, keep me up-to-date with my social networks, make for a very good media player, and provide a really solid web browsing experience? Yes.

The Torch is the first BlackBerry I've used where I'm not left envying some feature, looks, or functionality from another platform.
    08-18-10 04:08 PM
    Actually, as much as I travel, the smaller the things I have to carry the better...the charger works GREAT for me!!!
    I had already done this with my other travel devices, just carry usb wall plus and go.

BTW, the car charger at att sports a micro usb hard wired AND a usb port, both active at the same time, for charging multiple devices at once.
    08-18-10 05:03 PM
    Very happy with the decision to switch to Torch. It's a quality phone that does exactly what I want.
    08-18-10 05:27 PM
    Count me in.

I finally put my 9700 to rest (in my drawer next to my bed)

That's saying a lot. I also have the Captivate, and I've used the iPhone for a couple of years, and I had a couple of other devices, but none of them could tear me away from the 9700, except for the Torch.
    08-18-10 05:36 PM
    I think what they mean is that it's not a dedicated wall charger in the sense that it doesn't have it's own cord. You have to use the single supplied USB cable either to plug into the wall or plug into your PC. Previously you would get a wall charger with a cord attached as well as a USB cable for the PC. Much easier than having to go back and forth with the cable, especially if you don't have easy access to the wall outlet.

I just ordered a couple more USB cables at monoprice.com for a few bucks, but I think the point is that this was a very cheap way to go with the USB wall plug.
    Oh ok. I guess it isn't an issue for me since I bought a spare cable before I bought the phone.
    08-18-10 05:39 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD