I got to play with the torch today. One of the people at att let me see it from the back to play with for a min. It isn't as bad as every says. Very nice phone but could have better screen resolution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 02:57 PM
    That's interesting. I was just in an AT&T store at lunch and the only model available was encased in the Monolith. The AT&T store reps don't even get them until tomorrow.
    08-04-10 03:00 PM
    was the lag that showed in the CB video present? did the OS feel fast and responsive?
    08-04-10 03:01 PM
    Nice, did you storm out of the store as soon as you were given phone?
    08-04-10 03:03 PM
    That's interesting. I was just in an AT&T store at lunch and the only model available was encased in the Monolith. The AT&T store reps don't even get them until tomorrow.
    This store didn't have the display but had one in the back.

08-04-10 03:04 PM
    Lie. No way the store had one. No AT&T stores are even getting their deliveries until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I talked to my AT&T store yesterday about it.
    08-04-10 06:14 PM
    Lie. No way the store had one. No AT&T stores are even getting their deliveries until next Tuesday or Wednesday. I talked to my AT&T store yesterday about it.
    uhhh... what?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/9800-509334/
    08-04-10 06:18 PM
    was the lag that showed in the CB video present? did the OS feel fast and responsive?
    Take int oconsideration, lots of people were playing with the phone with TONS of apps in the background.. Likely won't happen on a single person's device.
    08-04-10 06:31 PM
    Take int oconsideration, lots of people were playing with the phone with TONS of apps in the background.. Likely won't happen on a single person's device.
    that's why i'm asking him about it. none of us know for sure if that lag is because of apps open, or if the phone is just that slow.
    08-04-10 06:36 PM
    Too bad they delivered one to my friends att store earlier

08-04-10 06:46 PM
    i just played with one at my local store...

its pretty solid but i did see some slow/laggy zoom while on the internet and the new samsung capitaves screen made the torch look like complete ***. sad to say but its the truth. torch just seems old already
    08-04-10 06:52 PM
    I just played with it at an att store. It feels pretty sturdy and kind of heavy compared to my 9700. Couldn't test the screen or the os. It was just the dummy phone.

08-04-10 07:17 PM
    also got to play with one at the local store. no lag in this model, web was fast, but was not crazy about the keyboard.
    08-04-10 07:26 PM
    Keyboard is same as the 9700 and the next best keyboard next to the 9000 that is, lol!

Can't wait to play with one...also remember these phones at the store will more than likely be suing wifi....so wish I could go to a store and test regular 2G and 3G speeds on the net.

08-04-10 07:31 PM
    Keyboard is same as the 9700 and the next best keyboard next to the 9000 that is, lol!

Can't wait to play with one...also remember these phones at the store will more than likely be suing wifi....so wish I could go to a store and test regular 2G and 3G speeds on the net.

you can just disable the wifi...
    08-04-10 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD