My friend is giving me her 9800 att torch. I plan on doing this because I need UMA because my place doesnt get service. Currently I use a Curve

Quick Question though.

I pay for the insurance/warrenty monthly, the best on you can get. Any phone I put my simcard into will be covered - on tmobile phones obv

Will me putting my simcard into the 9800 void that or anything? Obv they will know im using that phone.. And if I wanna put the simcard back in my original curve and it breaks in the future, will they still cover it?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Italiannyc; 11-22-11 at 09:46 PM.
    11-22-11 09:43 PM
    I want UMA for my AT&T Torch! I don't know if its an even trade to scarifice 3G for UUMA but I'd love to have it! Why can't the stop being so stingey on the price of the microcell??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Is there any way at all to use UMA on AT&T?
    01-10-12 09:33 PM
    I select UMA v.1.0.4 and Save on my last Step(iix),
    Work Prefect, Thanks a lot, Gracias...
    06-22-12 04:03 AM
    4. Once you have the certs and have rebooted go back into the engineering screen ATL+CAP+H and do the following.

i. At the EScreen select <Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    ii. Select <Utilities>
    iii. Select <Session Manager>
    iv. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <UMA Options>
    v. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <New>
    vi. Enter the following: Display Name: T-Mobile Operator Name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3
    vii. Unselect <use default UNCS> and enter punc.t-mobileuncs.com use Port: 14001
    viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter psgw.t-mobilesgws.com
    ix. Select the SEGW certificate named T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA

Rebewt and you are all set.
    This is interesting. I have an unlocked 9810 on the TMobile network, just installed the 7.1 OS, and followed these instructions with the following mods and was able to get WiFi Calling activated, although its not listed as UMA.

The WiFi Calling has a symbol in the upper right hand corner - above the WiFi bar - that is a rectangle that contains a graphic of a phone and a graphic of a WiFi bar. This seems to replace the graphic of the mobile network (the H+ / 3G / EDGE network).

Here is what I did with notes about the differences:

i. At the engineering screens (alt + caps + H) there was no mobile network engineering screens option - so I selected <Radio Engineering Screens (3GPP)>
    ii. The <utilities> selection on this screen does not lead to a <session manager> selection on the following menu screen, so instead I selected <3GPP Radio Engineering Screens> instead
    iii. selected <utilities>
    iv. selected <session manager>
    v. pressed the Blackberry menu button (left of the trackpad) and selected <UMA options>
    vi. pressed the Blackberry menu button and selected <New>
    vii. Entered the following: Display Name: T-Mobile Operator Name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 3GPP rev. 6 (instead of 1.0.3 - although UMA v. 1.0.0 through 1.0.4 was also in the list of selections, and I also tried with UMA v. 1.0.4 and that worked as well)
    vii. Unselect <use default UNC> and enter punc.t-mobileuncs.com use Port: 14001
    viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter psgw.t-mobilesgws.com
    ix. Select the SEGW certificate named T-Mobile USA, Inc. Engineeri... (I did not have the original certificate exactly as listed in the original post: T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA - although perhaps this was just a typo on the "inv." versus Inc. )

x. Pressed Blackberry menu button and selected <Save>
    xi. Then a bunch of network communication occurred, and I got a WiFi calling pop-up that allowed me to test a warning alert that would be heard if I was in low WiFi signal range during a call

then I rebooted. I made a call with the mobile radio network turned "off" to verify that the WiFi calling was indeed enabled and working.

(although I managed to save the certificates on my media card, I don't think I ever installed them on the phone. When I clicked on them in the link at the first page, I got an error, and when I selected the link and pressed the Blackberry menu button, I saw no option to download the link. So I emailed them as attachments and downloaded the attachments to my media card. But I don't know if they were ever installed on my phone. If not, I must have had the required certs already there).

When I went to mobile network options, "Wi-Fi Calling Preferred" was already selected.

My only question - does anyone know if this WiFi calling (or the 3GPP rev. 6) is any different than UMA calling? I have seen some technical differences between UMA and so-called WiFi calling - but I'm not sure if that applies to the service that came up for me.
    Last edited by m_clapper333; 10-04-12 at 03:14 PM.
    10-04-12 03:10 PM
    i think the links for uma certificates are bad how can i get them off my old phone?
    10-10-12 04:06 PM
    Hey there!

Does anyone have any sort of updates to the certificates for 2012, as well as links to aforementioned certificates? Thanks much!
    11-06-12 02:50 PM
    Hello: Just switch to Tmoble with my unlocked ATT 9800 and can not find a valid link to the UMA certificates for WiFi calling.
    Can anyone help me?
    Post a link or email they to [email protected]
    11-07-12 09:40 AM
    @m_clapper333,
    I have an unlocked canadian ROGERS bold 9900 that I'm using on the TMOBILE network in the US.

followed all your steps but at the end I'm not getting the "bunch of network communication occurring, and WiFi calling popping-up and allowing to test a warning alert that would be heard if low WiFi signal range during a call" part....and not the WiFi Calling symbol (rectangle with graphic of a phone and graphic of a WiFi bar) in the upper right hand corner.

Tried both with "UMA Protocol version: 3GPP rev. 6" and "UMA Protocol version: UMA v.1.0.4".
    any advice on what you think I did wrong?

thanks
    Last edited by Dassi1; 11-14-12 at 02:02 PM.
    11-14-12 01:22 PM
    You may also have to send your T-Mobile service books to your phone or download them and restore them to your device using Blackberry Desktop Manager. Also make sure you set "Wi-FI Preferred" under your mobile network connection settings.
    11-15-12 12:26 PM
    Here is a link that should work. I just unzipped and put on my phone.

t-mobile usa uma certificates.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    cabalist likes this.
    12-02-12 12:16 AM
    These work great! Thanks for the post, PJB! I even saved a copy for later...
    12-03-12 01:02 PM
    Hey folks,
    unlocking the Engineering screen worked great. But the 2nd part, the files to download- "Otto"s links on that page dont seem to work anymore, nor do the other options any other ideas of where to find them? Thanks!
    03-12-14 02:55 PM
    For updated link for certificates, go to here. squeakz.net/tmobile_uma_files/
    07-20-15 01:51 PM
163 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD