Any other TMobile users having recent UMA issues on the Torch? This was working flawlessly for the first couple months but lately the wifi is making my browser slow (backwards, I know) and the only way to reconnect is to turn off wifi and turn it back on. This is different that the BIS issue discussed elsewhere since my other BIS apps (I.e. BBM) still work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 09:50 PM
    I tried multiple times and i can't seem to get the screen you're talking about.. I pressed alt+cap+h and it's the help me screen i see.. Am i doing something wrong? When you said to download to your phone, how do i do that exactly?

Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile

This won't work for AT&T as they don't support UMA calling (But the E-Screens are interesting anyway)

1. Go here and follow the instructions to unlock the Engineering screens. Press ATL+CAP+H on your berry and use that info to fill in the blanks on the linked page.

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

2. Enter the code provided on the blackberry's help screen, you wont actually see anything while you're typing but when you're done the hidden Engineering screens will appear. Use alt for numbers and dont worry about caps.

3. Download these certificates to your berry. (post #2 by otto)

T-Mobile UMA Certificates - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

Then Reboot your Berry ALT-CAPS-DEL

4. Once you have the certs and have rebooted go back into the engineering screen ATL+CAP+H and do the following.

i. At the EScreen select <Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    ii. Select <Utilities>
    iii. Select <Session Manager>
    iv. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <UMA Options>
    v. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <New>
    vi. Enter the following: Display Name: T-Mobile Operator Name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3
    vii. Unselect <use default UNCS> and enter punc.t-mobileuncs.com use Port: 14001
    viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter psgw.t-mobilesgws.com
    ix. Select the SEGW certificate named T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA

Rebewt and you are all set.
    12-02-10 06:36 PM
    Mine fully unlocked and operational with UMA enabled.

will this work on an unlocked 8520
    ?????
    12-08-10 02:09 PM
    it wont let me dwnload the certficates. i dnt no how can someone plz help
    12-08-10 02:56 PM
    link is dead for certificates
    12-08-10 02:57 PM
    I have followed everything on this post religiously and the expired certificate seems to be the hangup. In exasperation, I went and bought a new 9780 from T-Mobile with the idea of transferring the updated certificates on that device to the 9800. Does anyone know how to do this? I did notice that the 9780 uses a different UMA protocol (1.04 rather than 1.03) and have no idea if that needs to be updated on the 9800 as well.
    12-11-10 09:24 AM
    Hey, I followed all the instructions and got passed everything, but when my phone turned back on after the final reboot, no UMA.
    It just says T-Mobile<SSID> then my service bars, NO UMA. HELP!!!!!!!!
    12-15-10 01:22 AM
    No uma. Followed all instructions.!!!
    12-15-10 01:37 AM
    Followed to a T aslo, have wifi preferred but now UMA :-(
    12-17-10 05:25 PM
    what provider was the torch originally from? do you know if that matters?
    12-30-10 09:39 PM
    Easiest way to get the certificates is if you have an old tmobile uma enabled blackberry and save just the key stores and trusted key stores and just replace the ones on the torch with those. if you need them i dont know how to clear my password from the key stores. do everything the same as the instructions but to get the certificates do the above.
    Last edited by blackbears; 12-31-10 at 12:16 AM.
    12-31-10 12:14 AM
    i know this may be a noobish question but UMA is only used via Tmobile?
    I am a ATT user with the torch and was wondering if the UMA could be on att
    01-17-11 12:00 PM
    hey i dont know how to download the certificates to the blackberry
    02-07-11 02:34 AM
    worked like a charm - thank you Xandermac...you rule! I'm grateful that people like you take the time to share their wisdom with people like me....

02-09-11 03:49 PM
    i know this may be a noobish question but UMA is only used via Tmobile?
    I am a ATT user with the torch and was wondering if the UMA could be on att
    TMobile only...sorry.
    02-09-11 03:51 PM
    Well I tried it but no UMA! I have the certificates and I can view them, I have wifi prefered selected and nothing! Any Ideas?

Before I tried this I was having a few issues with my wifi. It would show that I was connected but when i went into the browser it says "Unable to find the requested server"(I can browse on EDGE tho)....Could this be why my UMA isnt working? I know my wifi is working because I am using it on my computer to post this.
    02-17-11 09:21 AM
    No uma. Followed all instructions.!!!
    My Pearl 3G won't go to UMA from a 3G signal. If I set it to 2G only, it usually finds the UMA eventually, even if there's a reasonable 2G signal.

At home, where I only have a poor 2G signal outside (nothing inside), it picks up UMA pretty reliably.

F
    03-04-11 06:15 AM
    How can I find out if my carrier supports UMA?
    03-28-11 03:44 AM
    I just upgraded os to 6.0.0.526 and I can't get UMA working. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? (unlocked torch on t-mobile)
    04-04-11 09:19 PM
    Guide to enable UMA on an unlocked 9800 for T-Mobile

This won't work for AT&T as they don't support UMA calling (But the E-Screens are interesting anyway)

1. Go here and follow the instructions to unlock the Engineering screens. Press ATL+CAP+H on your berry and use that info to fill in the blanks on the linked page.

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

2. Enter the code provided on the blackberry's help screen, you wont actually see anything while you're typing but when you're done the hidden Engineering screens will appear. Use alt for numbers and dont worry about caps.

3. Download these certificates to your berry. (post #2 by otto)

T-Mobile UMA Certificates - Port3101.org : Your BES Connection

Then Reboot your Berry ALT-CAPS-DEL

4. Once you have the certs and have rebooted go back into the engineering screen ATL+CAP+H and do the following.

i. At the EScreen select <Mobile Network Engineering Screens
    ii. Select <Utilities>
    iii. Select <Session Manager>
    iv. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <UMA Options>
    v. Press the BlackBerry menu button and select <New>
    vi. Enter the following: Display Name: T-Mobile Operator Name: T-Mobile UMA Protocol version: 1.0.3
    vii. Unselect <use default UNCS> and enter punc.t-mobileuncs.com use Port: 14001
    viii.Unselect <use default SEGW> and enter psgw.t-mobilesgws.com
    ix. Select the SEGW certificate named T-Mobile USA, inv. Engineering and Operations CA

Rebewt and you are all set.

How do i install to my berry? can u give me step by step detail please? sorry im kinda dumb at this
    04-07-11 11:40 AM
    Page 1 of this thread is about as step by step as it gets I'm afraid. If you're on t-mobile just follow the procedure in the 1st post.

How do i install to my berry? can u give me step by step detail please? sorry im kinda dumb at this
    04-07-11 11:45 AM
    Page 1 of this thread is about as step by step as it gets I'm afraid. If you're on t-mobile just follow the procedure in the 1st post.

if i update my OS with a leak or an official, will i have to do this all over again? or not? and i did exactly what the steps said to do...and i pulled the battery at the end, and still no UMA....... any help? ummm, after i downloaded the certs to my computer, i draged the files to my berry (pluged into my computer via usb), then i unpluged my berry and went under files in my phone and found the certs, then clicked on them and chose the install option... did i do anything wrong?
    04-07-11 12:29 PM

oh... WAIT!!!! NEVER MIND!! IT WORKED!!!!!! YYYYYAAAAAYYYYYY! HAHA
    04-07-11 12:30 PM
    Thnx very much! It works like a charm now..... Umm, what bout mms? I cant recieve pix as messages. Can anyone help me with that?
    04-07-11 12:31 PM
    If you upgrade your OS but restore a backup you will still have the certificates and won't have to redownload them, you'll have to re-enable UMA in the engineering screen again though.

if i update my OS with a leak or an official, will i have to do this all over again? or not? and i did exactly what the steps said to do...and i pulled the battery at the end, and still no UMA....... any help? ummm, after i downloaded the certs to my computer, i draged the files to my berry (pluged into my computer via usb), then i unpluged my berry and went under files in my phone and found the certs, then clicked on them and chose the install option... did i do anything wrong?
    04-07-11 12:34 PM
163 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD