Hey guys, so apparently there are green dot stickers on the torch boxes for AT&T that indicates a fixed wobble in the slider. Does anybody have any information about whether or not Bell or Rogers will be getting these fixed units as well?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 09:29 AM
    Hey guys, so apparently there are green dot stickers on the torch boxes for AT&T that indicates a fixed wobble in the slider.
    Where exactly is this information coming from?

I called AT&T customer service as well as my local(Corporate) store, and none of them new what i was talking about. As far as they know nothing from RIM said anything about the green dot fixing the slider. Yes customer services knew the green dot meant something was fixed but they did not know what it was, but suggested that it may have been just the new OS.
    11-08-10 09:59 AM

I called AT&T customer service as well as my local(Corporate) store, and none of them new what i was talking about. As far as they know nothing from RIM said anything about the green dot fixing the slider. Yes customer services knew the green dot meant something was fixed but they did not know what it was, but suggested that it may have been just the new OS.
    Well thats why I said "apparently", because these are just claims and not official word from RIM/AT&T. I'm hoping that it was fixed since it is a huge issue with many units.

I know that when I got my 2nd Torch it felt super tight and it didnt wobble. So I'm hoping that people with green dot units arent just experiencing a temporary "tight" feeling like i did.
    11-08-10 11:03 AM
    Hey guys, so apparently there are green dot stickers on the torch boxes for AT&T that indicates a fixed wobble in the slider. Does anybody have any information about whether or not Bell or Rogers will be getting these fixed units as well?

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I work for an ATT store in missouri. We recently got a whole shipment in of BB torches and they had the green dot, when we asked they told us that there had been a fix to the slide asymbly. Hope that helps
    11-08-10 01:29 PM
    I work for an ATT store in missouri. We recently got a whole shipment in of BB torches and they had the green dot, when we asked they told us that there had been a fix to the slide asymbly. Hope that helps
    Odd cause everyone in AT&T i spoke with new nothing about it. Hmm .. so what does this mean?
    11-08-10 01:53 PM
    I say the green dots are just extra stickers to put on the back of the slider if the first 5 greendot stickers didnt work.

*g*
    11-08-10 02:09 PM
    Odd cause everyone in AT&T i spoke with new nothing about it. Hmm .. so what does this mean?
    I have no Idea but you can call my store and we will tell you the same thing.
    11-18-10 08:26 PM

A failure of communication. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
    11-18-10 08:31 PM
    I have no Idea but you can call my store and we will tell you the same thing.
    Actually forgot about this thread. I was in the city the other day and went to the AT&T store. all employees told me the same thing "we know nothing about the green dot", but did confirm they existed and had some. pulled a couple out for me to see(have an upgrade I was going to use if it was indeed fixed), Every one they had, green dot, no green dot, white version, red version, all had a small amount of wobble. Some of them were even worse then my own.

So no idea what this green dot means, but from first hand experience... It certainly doesn't mean the slider is fixed.
    11-18-10 08:34 PM
    I had inquired with both corporate stores when I bought mine. Both told me the same - green dot indicates phone is loaded with OS v.246, latest version of official OS released by ATT.
    11-18-10 08:46 PM

I had inquired with both corporate stores when I bought mine. Both told me the same - green dot indicates phone is loaded with OS v.246, latest version of official OS released by ATT.
    Think I said the same exact thing a while ago.

When I physically went to the store to check them out, the sales people didn't know and the manager wasn't there at the time. But like I said, all sliders were still wobbly. Some even worse then my own.
    11-18-10 08:51 PM
    I got the torch about 1 1/2 months back and it has the woble in the slider. Is AT&T correcting this issue or is it something I'm gonna have to live with?
    11-18-10 08:54 PM
    I got the torch about 1 1/2 months back and it has the woble in the slider. Is AT&T correcting this issue or is it something I'm gonna have to live with?
    Read the thread.

As soon as I get my t3 screwdriver in the mail im tightening those 6 screws. I wish Hong Kong were closer to Canada haha..
    11-18-10 09:56 PM
    I thought I heard "Green Dot" means it's a refurbished unit. That's why the slider is fixed.
    11-18-10 11:06 PM
    Read the thread.

As soon as I get my t3 screwdriver in the mail im tightening those 6 screws. I wish Hong Kong were closer to Canada haha..
    tightening the screws wont help the wobble and im 100% shore i try and it didn't do any thing
    I mean it did something but not enough i still have a slightly wobble, the wobble is cause by the back metal plate from inside the phone is a mechanism who keeps the screen attache to the phone.
    11-19-10 12:33 AM
    i heard green dot is refurbished.. they sell those in the stores without saying sometimes.. thats why i get mine online from the main distribution center...
    11-19-10 02:33 AM
    Red and Green dot means there is something modified prior to shipping. Mostly likely a software upgrade imo.
    11-19-10 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD