Hello,
    I have recently bought an unlocked BlackBerry Torch but I do not have a data plan yet. But with wifi I have been using the browser, the appworld and I hve been able to open BBM but I am not sure if it works. I have not been able to use the Facebook and Twitter apps.

I have been wondering if I have been using the 3G connection instead of WiFi.
    And is there any way to use the Twitter, Facebook and BBM app with wifi and no BIS?

Thanks
    04-23-11 01:31 PM
    If you have a Blackberry Data Plan, then BBM, FaceBook and Twitter will all work. They will not work without it though.

Even though you can see a 3G symbol, you cannot see the tiny dots-pattern of the BlackBerry (BB) symbol next to it until you get a Data Plan. This little symbol shows that the BlackBerry is "logged in" to the BIS network and is able to make use of blackberry.net (the Data Plan).

Unless you get a Data Plan, you are not going any further. Sorry.
    04-23-11 01:40 PM
    You must have a BIS data plan for all apps (BBM, twitter, FB, WLM, others...) after if u want use the wifi connection =)
    04-23-11 01:42 PM
    Thanks, got it.

I will activate the BIS data plan after easter.
    04-23-11 01:57 PM
    Another question, I upgraded my Torch's OS and I made a back up but the AT&T tune ringtone is missing, how can I get it back?
    04-23-11 02:30 PM
    Another question, I upgraded my Torch's OS and I made a back up but the AT&T tune ringtone is missing, how can I get it back?
    If your BlackBerry is an AT&T product then the AT&T ringtone should still be there. However you say that the phone is "unlocked". Does this mean that your phone is not a genuine AT&T phone? I ask because each carrier has its own unique identifier number. This is known as the Vendor Id and may be viewed from the Home screen and then by typing <alt><LeftShift>H (all together). AT&T's Vendor Id is 102. If you phone is not Vendor Id 102 then that is why the AT&T ringtone was not loaded at OS install time.

I have no idea where we can find this. I know that iot is in one of the .cod files that were not loaded when you instaled the new OS.

Maybe someone on CrackBerry can upload the ringtone you want and then you can copy it to your phone.
    04-23-11 02:45 PM
    Hello,
    It is an AT&T world phone and has the AT&T sticker on it, it had the AT&T tune until I updated the OS today...
    04-23-11 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD