Just some of my thoughts about this device.
    First of all it looks very sharp and feels like a solid device, as most have said the sliding mechanism is well crafted and slides like a charm. Also the keyboard is great, I can type faster on this thing than my 9000! The on screen keyboard is also very easy to use and blows the storms keyboard out of the water.

Now with the software, BB6 is definitely a step in the right direction it seems well thought out and is very easy to use, the search function is incredible! I think it will be one of the most used features of this phone. The new webkit browser is also a treat for any existing BB user but if your coming from Apple or Android you will not be impressed as it still is a little choppy when scrolling at times. The you tube app and media in general is amazing on this phone video playback and scrolling through your music library is a breezes I also like a feature that they added where you hold down the volume button and it skips to the next or previous track. The onborard speaker compares with the 9700 so its not that bad but I was hoping for something as good as the speakers on my 9000.

Now to the part where I have to complain, Its slow! 512 is not enough to run this device properly, I also had the chance to play with the Samsung Galaxy S today, and comparing with that device is like comparing a Chevy Aveo to an Audi R8. Yes it is that much slower! also the screen resolution pales in comparison, there really is no competition in that regard. Hopefully with future software builds they can speed it up as they did with the storm, the unit I played with today reminded me of the first day the storm came out and how choppy it was.

I feel if RIM had put better technology in this device they really would have a winner but after playing with the samsung today, the apple/android owners will not be jumping ship. I will be picking this up the day it is released on Bell as I love my Blackberry's but I just wish it had more power
    As stated any existing BB users will absolutely love this device! But I'm afraid its not enough to bring the apple/android crowd over to RIM.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I'm sure its full of spelling/grammar mistakes but I don't have the time to proofread right now, so flame away!
    08-06-10 08:04 PM
    great post
    08-06-10 08:30 PM
    Too bad you didn't just post in the thread all ready going about this. But I don't think it's memory, unless they use slow clocked memory, that is lacking as it is processor speed and it's funny to see all the post about it being both slow and fast LOL.
    08-06-10 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD