Hey guys, I got a new BlackBerry Torch on Thursday and so far I am in love with it. This is the very first smartphone I've ever had, and I am just now discovering the joys of having the internet and all these apps in my hand. Yet I still have a couple questions to ask you guys who know more about BBs than I do.

1. Why is my trackpad not clicking? I like having the click sound on my trackpad, but after a couple hours of turning it on, it's not working anymore. I haven't changed the settings and I've even checked to see if it's on and it says "Enabled".

2. Why do my ringtones sound muffled? I have an mp3 file as my ringtone but when I receive calls, it sounds as if it was under a couch cushion or something. Yet when I go to music and play the same exact mp3 file and other music, it sounds just fine. (I think this and question #1 are related.)

3. From my understanding, if I have a Wi-Fi connection, any internet usage will not count to my monthly allowance of 200mb? Say I'm at school and I want to go on YouTube. If the school has a Wi-Fi channel and I'm connected to it, it shouldn't count to those 200mbs. But if I'm at a park with no Wi-Fi it will count against it, right?

Thank you for any help, I understand about 95% of this awesome phone. I just need a little help for the other 5%.
    04-24-11 07:02 PM
    I cannot speak for the first two issues but you are correct on the third. If you are on any wifi network it does not count toward your monthly data usage.
    04-24-11 07:44 PM
    For your trackpad and sound I would recommend two things. First pull the battery and second make sure you connect to desktop manager and have the most current software that is out for it. Hopefully that will fix those bugs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 07:53 PM
    Yes. Wi-Fi usage does not count towards your 200 MB. Now, as for your issue, could you come to our Mobile Site and type a myver and then a space please (it tells us your device number and OS version, like 9800/6.0.0.526 is mine). People will be able to help you more armed with that information. Or just go to Options - About and read off the OS version from there.

04-24-11 08:51 PM
    Ok now that I know there is basically unlimited internet on Wi-Fi, I'm less worried about overspending. I did what Zach recommended, and it seems to have worked. The trackpad clicks and a test call cleared up the sound issue. I'll try Paladin's suggestion if the problem comes up again. (The OS is v6.0.0.246)
    04-24-11 09:31 PM
    For your trackpad and sound I would recommend two things. First pull the battery and second make sure you connect to desktop manager and have the most current software that is out for it. Hopefully that will fix those bugs.

In reading previous posts, I have read that an OS upgrade will fix the ringtone playback. The clicking sounds should be in the decive's settings, and an OS upgrade may or may not fix it. Thirdly, your drvice will automatically prefed WiFi over mobile data, providing you are connected to a network with internet access, however some apps must be configured individually to prefer, or Only use WiFi... Easiest way to tell - if you have the blackberry logo (4 dots) next to the sifi logo, you are using wifi. If the 4 dots are next to 3G (or whatever network connection you have) then you are using mobile data...

04-24-11 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD