I have finally given up on the Torch and AT&T and switch to Sprint and the HTC Evo 4G. After 4 years of blackberry and AT&T I have had it! I was on a very important conference call for work yesterday morning starting at 5am and my Torch "Call Failed" on my 3 times in 15 minutes (with 5 bars of signal!). My Sprint rep had given me an EVO 4G to try a few weeks ago so I opened the package and called into the conference call with the EVO and stayed connected for the next 2 1/2 hours without a problem (with only 3 bars of signal).

After that I decided I was finished with the Torch and AT&T. After work I went to the local Sprint store and traded in my Torch (Sprint gave me $199 for the trade-in towards the EVO) and got a gorgeous White EVO for $36!

All day I have been on the phone and sending and receiving email & texts without a single dropped call.

Adios AT&T! Chow Blackberry! Hello Sprint & HTC!!! Quality and stability! what a concept!!!
    12-03-10 05:33 PM
    Double posting is evil. Enjoy the EVO!
    12-03-10 06:07 PM
    I thought "chow" was pretty funny. Most people spell it "ciao".
    12-03-10 06:09 PM
    You do realize that "ciao" is Italian and not a breed of dog, correct?
    Last edited by fass; 12-03-10 at 07:25 PM.
    lishan and tonkscullen like this.
    12-03-10 06:23 PM
    12-03-10 06:27 PM
    So, who paid your ETF?
    12-03-10 08:04 PM
    sounds like a B.S. thread to me...
    lishan likes this.
    12-03-10 08:07 PM
    Honestly.......

who cares?

Glad your happy now, have fun.
    12-03-10 08:08 PM
    Adios Chad...come back when the EVO charm no longer shines...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 08:23 PM
    Just send that torch to me I love mine ........not sure what happened I've talked like 4 hours on mine and I'm in the mittle of ne where not a single prob ......just my .02

Last edited by tonyhatchetman; 12-03-10 at 08:31 PM.
    12-03-10 08:25 PM
    Sounds like you miss your blackberry... Why else would you be on CRACKBERRY.com?? Is there no EVO website lol
    I am glad you are happy and sorry you dropped calls... I'm yet to drop a call on my Torch =) maybe the white is superior.
    12-03-10 08:28 PM
    Sprint gives money for trading in phones? I didn't know that.

12-03-10 08:39 PM
    Another zero value-added thread...

rizzzzoooo and gardengnome like this.
    12-03-10 10:44 PM
    Buh bye, enjoy that ride
    12-03-10 10:51 PM
    this should be in off topic discussions...
    12-03-10 11:02 PM
    enjoy your new device... =) I'll stay with my Torch...
    12-03-10 11:15 PM
    I have finally given up on the Torch and AT&T and switch to Sprint and the HTC Evo 4G. After 4 years of blackberry and AT&T I have had it! I was on a very important conference call for work yesterday morning starting at 5am and my Torch "Call Failed" on my 3 times in 15 minutes (with 5 bars of signal!). My Sprint rep had given me an EVO 4G to try a few weeks ago so I opened the package and called into the conference call with the EVO and stayed connected for the next 2 1/2 hours without a problem (with only 3 bars of signal).

After that I decided I was finished with the Torch and AT&T. After work I went to the local Sprint store and traded in my Torch (Sprint gave me $199 for the trade-in towards the EVO) and got a gorgeous White EVO for $36!

All day I have been on the phone and sending and receiving email & texts without a single dropped call.

Adios AT&T! Chow Blackberry! Hello Sprint & HTC!!! Quality and stability! what a concept!!!
    Enjoy the Evo.
    12-03-10 11:19 PM
    That kind of problem is more the carrier than the phone. Regardless though, enjoy the Evo!

12-04-10 12:17 AM

CONGRATS on buying the #1 battery drain on the market. You & other people thought the torch was a bad battery experience HA. Either way its pretty sad how that evo doesn't even compare to an iphone4 with "superior" features and a higher mp camera which takes worse pictures than an iphones 5mp. GJ buying into marketing and the so called "4g" network.
    12-04-10 12:42 AM
    I went to the local Sprint store and traded in my Torch (Sprint gave me $199 for the trade-in towards the EVO) and got a gorgeous White EVO for $36!
    And they got a Torch that they can sell for more than the $199 they gave you on trade. Check the local Craigslist or eBay and you'll probably see your old 9800 on there after they unlock it for $400 + dollars. LOL.

Who picked up the tab for your ETF fees on the Torch? If you had to buy out your contract, then you would have to include that figure in your final price.

Sprint is currently showing the following deal for the EVO 4g so $36 seems impossible.

Regular price $449.99
    Instant savings -$150.00
    Mail-in Rebate -$100.00
    New price $199.99
    Requires new line or eligible
    upgrade with a 2-yr contract

Does your company happen to use Sprint for their devices? If so, then you might possibly be able to get a super deal like that through Sprint corporate under your company plan. My company used Sprint / Nextel and they were always offering us employees using competitors devices insane deals to switch over. If not, I certainly would love to know the exact details of your purchase, and I'm sure others would also like to know too.

Either way, enjoy your new EVO. I for one would be totally OK with you dropping back here after a few weeks on the new device just to get your comments about it. Just for my own curiosity.
    Last edited by cwmont; 12-04-10 at 01:03 AM.
    12-04-10 12:55 AM
    you will be back to the BB world sooner than you know it! Ill bet you on that!

Nothing comes close to BBM and the email system of the BlackBerry!
    12-04-10 12:56 AM
    After work I went to the local Sprint store and traded in my Torch (Sprint gave me $199 for the trade-in towards the EVO) and got a gorgeous White EVO for $36!
    I call BS on this one. Why would a Sprint store give you money on a phone that is worthless to them? They are CDMA and AT&T is GSM. There's no way they could get it to work, so what would they do with it that would be profitable for them? I don't believe you on this at all.
    12-04-10 01:40 AM
    I fail to see what contribution to the Torch forum the OP intended to make with this thread. He rarely posted in here, it's not like he will be missed.
    Last edited by Dvx67; 12-04-10 at 10:04 AM.
    12-04-10 10:02 AM
    im curious as to why this post was even brought to a pro blackberry website...makes no sense...however its good that you have found a device and a carrier that fits your needs
    12-04-10 10:17 AM
    I don't know how you stand the Evo, I was using an iPhone for the past half a year (the only time I haven't had a BB), and switched over to an HTC phone on AT&T for a day and I almost slammed the thing, I am now a proud and pleased owner of a new shiny Torch. Texting is heaven and no more of the horrid quality of HTC... however HTC and BB over run iPhones by far.
    12-04-10 01:30 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD