Hi.

I had posted few times for an app to lock the touchscreen when i slide the qwerty back in but there was no solution. I like the touchscreen but only when im browsing the web etc. Beyond that the torch is great cos of the BIGGER screen- not the touch screen for me.

So anyway - moved back to 9780 then back to torch then was abt to junk it when came across the post of Everylock which offered this solution finally- bought it right away and am now thrilled with the whole Torch experience! If the developer is listening- maybe he can add sliding sounds and I can skip using 6 tools also!

Only putting this forward for any others who may need a similar solution.

Thanks,
    Ajay
    12-27-10 09:12 AM
    I'm always listening and going to add sliding sounds.
    12-27-10 11:03 AM
    Yes, that is the best solution for Torchs..
    Everylock is not only locks everything but also has an option sliding down lock, sliding up unlock feature as well.
    I really disgusted from touching keyboard lock button accidentely after I put my Torch in my pocket and looking for a solution..
    I would pay this app whatever price it was, though very cheap.
    I applause developer and pretty sure that he is gonna add new great features like sound..
    Good job, well done developer !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 11:43 AM
    Excellent app, sick to death of pulling phone from pocket to find 2 or 3 different things selected or worse a delete confirmation pending on a contact as happened today. Bought and installed and very happy.

To the developer one bug for me when you change the options to lock on slider open close it no longer seems to work on the 3 second hold of the escape key thus meaning you can't unlock and browse using touch screen as it locks as soon as you close and you can't unlock without opening. Ill try another battery pull just to make sure, anyone else getting that problem?

12-27-10 01:48 PM
    Ok another battery pull removes the 'hold escape for 3 seconds to unlock' and replaces 'open to unlock' any chance of having both, I love locking on the slider but it would be good to over ride this with a 3 second escape hold so that phone can still be used as touch screen?

Thanks.

12-27-10 01:56 PM
    All these problems are addressed in an upcoming update. Also, with more keyboard locking functions.
    12-27-10 02:04 PM
    Ok another battery pull removes the 'hold escape for 3 seconds to unlock' and replaces 'open to unlock' any chance of having both, I love locking on the slider but it would be good to over ride this with a 3 second escape hold so that phone can still be used as touch screen?

Thanks.

Yes. Open the app -> settings -> keyboard -> check "Locks when close slider and unlocks when you open it

Also check right below "Hold down escape key for 3 seconds to unlock.

I have to agree with the OP, I have been waiting for an app like this since I received my first Torch. Good App.
    12-27-10 06:47 PM
    Did you find the app here on crackberry on appworld? Sounds perfect for me as I put my phone in Spanish mode on accident.
    12-27-10 06:53 PM
    Did you find the app here on crackberry on appworld? Sounds perfect for me as I put my phone in Spanish mode on accident.
    look here.
    12-27-10 07:36 PM
    I can't seem to choose both slide to unlock and hold escape key. Its one or the other. I would also like it to be both. If I use the slide it locks when I close the slide which is useless. I like to use my phone in landscape and the slide has to be closed.

12-27-10 10:06 PM
    You couldn't just say "yes, in appworld"? :-p
    look here.
    12-28-10 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD