Need to see if their is anything I can do on the set up. I have some professional emails that will accept emails from the blackberry.net, but will not from the gmail, they will always go to spam. Is their anything I can do with the gmail to allow the mail to go through. I saw where you can set up the gmail as a blackberry address through the SMTP server, but it wants the server and port information, does anyone know what that is and will this actually help for my problem. I rather use gmail for some of files that i need to send, instead of send to blackberry.net and then forwarding over to the professional emails. I hope this makes sense???

Thanks
    10-22-10 02:02 PM
    The issue is with the spam filtering on their end, it's really not an issue with anything you're doing. Anyone who's spam filter automatically flags messages from GMail is using a crappy spam filter.

To address your question though. The blackberry.net accounts can only be used from a BlackBerry. There is no SMTP access to them.
    10-22-10 02:19 PM
    Yes and no. If you set up Gmail on your BB, they come from a blackberry.net email server. If the destination email server's spam gateway does reputation filtering you will normally be fine. If, on the other hand, it doesn't *and* it compares your reply-to email domain name with that of the sending server and sees that they are different, then there's a problem. As one responder to your post said, that's evidence of a crappy or poorly set up receiving email gateway and there's not anything you can do about it.

How you are set up is not clear from your post.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD