I'm using the Torch, on a BES, but with BIS email account.. (gmail)

the read/unread work ok.. but sometime it doesnt "sync", and it does not always delete.. any idea?
    10-04-10 03:30 PM
    same with my gmail if anyone knows a fix. But Im on BIS and I did check the box to syn deleted emails on att's bis site, but I still have to manually delete from both berry and pc.
    10-04-10 03:33 PM
    I've been struggling with the same problem, spent about 3 1/2 hours on the phone with first AT&T and then RIM support. The RIM engineers went through all sorts of changes on the BIS backend and finally figured out a way to get this fixed. Or mostly fixed.

The deletes and read status from Torch to GMail happen within a few minutes. From GMail to Torch takes up to a couple of hours.

I'd have to check my notes but one of the changes related to hiding items flagged a deleted/trash. In gmail these items are in your mailbox but flagged as hidden (not in a trash folder), and BIS by default apparently considers them to still be in the inbox and viewable. It's something IMAP related that was changed on the backend and they were very specific when I asked that this is not something that can be changed by the end user, only by RIM support.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD