i feel bad for those companies using iphones as their business phone.. like i said in my other post.. the PUSH EMAIL SUCKS!!

i am in IT and imagine if you were on lunch and someone sent you an email 10seconds after your last push of emails.. and it said "MALFUNCTION, ALL WEBSERVERS DOWN, PLEASE RESPOND" and your responsible for production servers?? and your eatin lunch going "ahhh what a nice day" 15mins later you get that email... OH **** and u run back and there;s your boss staring at you because no one was able to see your companies website or have any sorta service!

that's balls!!

i would rather use a friggin 7100 series BB then an iphone for business

and like someone mentioned the average user wouldn't know what 1Ghrz, AMOLED screens, and HDMI ports are!! and if ur gonna use a phone to plug into your tv.. then i dunno cause there are way better products that can do better and i would purchase
    Dunno, I know my wife works for a company that the largest supplier and retailer of fashion sun glasses in the world. And they told their employees that if you have company phone you can choose a 9700, iPhone4 or the Samsung Galaxy. and if you are in "out side sales" they took the 9700 out of the picture and said Apple or Android.

That might have something to do more with a fashion statement though, now that i am thinking about. When you sell fashion sun ware, i guess you need to have a "hip/cool/trendy phone" to go with the sun ware... i know those guys also have a dress fashion code.
    08-04-10 09:23 AM
    Dunno, I know my wife works for a company that the largest supplier and retailer of fashion sun glasses in the world. And they told their employees that if you have company phone you can choose a 9700, iPhone4 or the Samsung Galaxy. and if you are in "out side sales" they took the 9700 out of the picture and said Apple or Android.

That might have something to do more with a fashion statement though, now that i am thinking about. When you sell fashion sun ware, i guess you need to have a "hip/cool/trendy phone" to go with the sun ware... i know those guys also have a dress fashion code.
    true.. and i guess it goes back to every phone caters to different needs..

the ip4 is pretty cool in design.. even with the bumper on it..

anyway this post has gone off topic and i think every 9800 thread has come to this hahahahaha.. flaming and defending..
    08-04-10 09:31 AM
    I could take your post a bit more seriously, if you hadn't splashed it with vulgarity.
    08-04-10 09:37 AM
    What the H*LL is there to defend? You either like the RIM platform/devices or you don't. Pretty binary don't you think?

For those who are swayed by other's opinions (even before trying the 9800) can't make other decisions in their life either. Would you buy a car without test driving it?
    08-04-10 09:39 AM
    That article as actually an MSNBC column.
    08-04-10 09:39 AM

I'm betting more so that the CRM application your wifes company uses requires a web interface and the 9700 is not compatible with it, so they don't let them use it, a company in my industry ALL use Palm devices, every guy hates them and wishes they could move to Blackberry since they had their treo's taken away and given the Pre/Pixi but the CRM software the company uses is built around the Palm platform, and was ported over to WebOS, they are locked in to Palm.

I most certainly can't see why they would insist on the outside sales guys using the other 2 phones over a Blackberry for any other reason as the Blackberry has it's own "fashion image" outside of the tech community with Rappers, and famous for being famous starlets using them,
    08-04-10 09:43 AM
    What the H*LL is there to defend? You either like the RIM platform/devices or you don't. Pretty binary don't you think?

For those who are swayed by other's opinions (even before trying the 9800) can't make other decisions in their life either. Would you buy a car without test driving it?
    i've bought quite a few cars like that
    1985 190e
    1994 areostar
    1992 roadmaster
    1982 rabbit
    1994 jetta
    1976 Yamaha xs400.

but that is what you do when you are in the Automotive industry, buy / fix / sell / repeat.
    08-04-10 09:45 AM
    Ok, I'm going to reopen the thread! Lets get back on track folks. YES some posts were deleted, some were off topic, or somewhat attacking, or rude. If you lost a post or 2, TOO BAD! Be thankful you didn't also get a warning. Actually most folks were pretty civil, lets just try to watch our language gang this IS a family forum. This topic is worth discussing, BUT lets do it with some class ok people, OK joshi!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread already in progress!
    08-04-10 09:49 AM
    please cut the profanity....if you are not mature enough to express yourself without cussing them please take it elsewhere.
    08-04-10 10:59 AM
    LOL.... sorry didnt refresh before commenting....
    08-04-10 11:01 AM
    Gizmodo just hates the 9800 because they weren't able to score a prototype from a drunk RIM employee. Sorry; someone had to say it.
    08-04-10 11:17 AM
    Gizmodo just hates the 9800 because they weren't able to score a prototype from a drunk RIM employee. Sorry; someone had to say it.
    Or a RIM employee didn't "leave one in a bar" for them to "find"
    08-04-10 11:22 AM
    Gizmodo is getting a little over the edge with thier bias against RIM.
    BlackBerry Torch Review
    Granted they have made many good points, this ***** did nothing but bash the device.
    I'm appauled but I will still visit the site daily.
    08-04-10 10:28 PM
    BlackBerry Torch Review
    Granted they have made many good points, this ***** did nothing but bash the device.
    Other than the harsher tone, this review practically mirrors the one endgadget. Its not bias when everyone except the devout says "this device is not as good as it should be"
    08-04-10 10:56 PM
    BlackBerry Torch Review
    I read the review in its entirety after playing with the 9800 today and I must say they hit the spot on all fronts. No bias from what I can see.

I've seen Gizmodo and many sites praise Blackberries but its hard to justify praise for the 9800 here.
    08-05-10 01:22 AM
    So i'm guessing in some people's mind that Kevin's review is unbiased?
    08-05-10 05:13 AM
    Only hardcore fans like him think like that. I've gone huge lengths before to defend RIM's decisions with their products but since the Bold 9000 release, they've been quite bad.

I just don't get how someone can deny that a 624mHz processor in today's market is unacceptable. And that screen as well. HTC makes 3.2" screen phones but they don't go as far as pricing it at $199!
    08-05-10 06:06 AM
    This torch forum I swear has the most sensitive and rude poster of any board. Even the Storm forum showed more class then this. OP, please stop with the name calling as this site doesn't have age restriction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree name calling and being obnoxious is unwarranted. Nonetheless, I understand some of the negative opinions that have been posted about 9800. I think some people, myself included are somewhat disappointed about the device RIM released. Most reviewers agree this was not best they RIM could. Of course Gizmodo, CNet, Engadget, Phonedog etc will have their own opinions. Some more harsh than others but it is what it is. Gizmodo�s delivery was harsh than others but the bottom line is majority of the reviews I have ready pretty have a consensus that RIM could have done a better job with the hardware specs.
    08-05-10 11:41 AM
    Only hardcore fans like him think like that. I've gone huge lengths before to defend RIM's decisions with their products but since the Bold 9000 release, they've been quite bad.

I just don't get how someone can deny that a 624mHz processor in today's market is unacceptable. And that screen as well. HTC makes 3.2" screen phones but they don't go as far as pricing it at $199!
    Because that's the state of the hardcore BlackBerry community. They've had it drummed into their heads that smartphones are for voice calls, email and BBM and nothing else. As such, everyone dismisses things like OpenGL support (games are for kids), high resolution displays (they're a battery drain), HD video recording (they would rather use a standalone video recorder) and state-of-the-art CPUs (624MHz is plenty for their needs) because they don't need want these things on their phone.

Unfortunately, they're the minority -- the rest of the market DOES want these things and the proof is in the iPhone and Android sales figures.
    08-05-10 12:35 PM
    there's a few posters who said they see kevin's review as unbiased and trusts it.
    08-05-10 12:44 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD