Ive just noticed theres a big chip on my torch housing (on the silver part) does anyone know what I can use to remove it/cover it???
    04-03-11 07:23 AM
    If you wanted you could buy a replacement bezel and look at a YouTube disassembly for a toch and try and replace the bezel yourself.
    04-03-11 07:29 AM
    You could also get the AGF GRT case. It will protect the phone from future damage, and is available with a 'chrome' case for the front screen bezel

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-11 09:43 AM
    Dependent on how severe the chip is, cestlavie77 had an interesting fix: I found a solution to "fix" the missing paint-chip... for anyone who's chipped the paint and needs a "touch up", there's a color of nailpolish available from "Finger Paints" called "Meet Me at the Met". It matches the gunmetal gray color perfectly! :-)

04-03-11 10:03 AM
    Dependent on how severe the chip is, cestlavie77 had an interesting fix: I found a solution to "fix" the missing paint-chip... for anyone who's chipped the paint and needs a "touch up", there's a color of nailpolish available from "Finger Paints" called "Meet Me at the Met". It matches the gunmetal gray color perfectly! :-)

I tried this fix & it didn't conceal the chip at all. I'll eventually get a bezel or case for it.
    04-03-11 02:59 PM
    Depends on which bezel the chip is in.

Bottom bezel(the one around the keyboard)easy fix, and instruction on how to take it off can be found on youtube.

If it's the one around the screen, better just learn to live with it, that my friend is not an easy fix and requires you to completely tear the phone down and pry off the lcd and digitizer.
    04-03-11 03:54 PM
    how did this happen? it wasnt' from the charging pod, was it (I hope not)
    04-03-11 03:57 PM
    Mine chipped when I dropped it. I'm thankful that's all that happened to it, but it really looks like crap when it's chipped. I don't want a case around it, so right now I'm living with it. I'm hoping someone else comes up with a fix, as the nail polish just did not conceal the chips. And I certainly don't want to take it apart & risk damaging the lcd screen! I'm hoping there will be an inventive/techy peep out there that comes up with a better fix.
    05-01-11 12:11 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Tried the AGF case, but to me the bulk of the casing was a complete turn-off. Also the chrome on that case just looks cheap for some reason. So I just learned to live with it, except now I carry it in the Blackberry OEM case. That one is slim enough for me.

05-01-11 11:52 PM
    I got chips on the front my Bezel as well, but my Torch is Red.
    I was wondering if there might be some Decals that could cover it up, like Decalgirl or even Gelaskin.
    R.R.B
    05-03-11 01:20 AM
    Ive just noticed theres a big chip on my torch housing (on the silver part) does anyone know what I can use to remove it/cover it???
    I have bought replacement cases for all of my blackberries here:

9800 - Cellular Accessories | Mobile Accessories | Cell Phone Chargers | Cases | Cell Phone parts |

Just before I sell my old blackberries on Craigslist, I replace the cases. Makes it look brand new.
    judy77 and R.R.B like this.
    05-03-11 03:51 AM
    I got chips on the front my Bezel as well, but my Torch is Red.
    I was wondering if there might be some Decals that could cover it up, like Decalgirl or even Gelaskin.
    R.R.B
    That was a great idea so I checked out both & they do, indeed have skins for the Torch. Here's the problem with them. They don't cover the bezel where we're all getting the chipping, so it won't be concealed. This is the one thing that I am really disappointed about with the Torch-the bezel chips way too easily.
    05-03-11 10:53 AM
    That was a great idea so I checked out both & they do, indeed have skins for the Torch. Here's the problem with them. They don't cover the bezel where we're all getting the chipping, so it won't be concealed. This is the one thing that I am really disappointed about with the Torch-the bezel chips way too easily.
    $10 will make you happy again!

Blackberry Torch 9800 OEM keyboard bezel - unbranded - - Cellular Accessories | Mobile Accessories
    05-03-11 11:02 AM
    For good price too check on ebay
    05-03-11 11:07 AM
    I wish that would fix my issue but it won't. The chips I have are in the bezel that surrounds the lcd screen-not around the physical keyboard. I've read many threads about the difficulty in replacing the bezel around the screen-not something I will attempt. But thank you for trying to help!
    R.R.B likes this.
    05-03-11 11:08 AM
    I noticed that as well, I'm actually thinking of ordering a decal and cutting it out myself, or maybe getting someone with a little more skill to deal with it.
    The only reason i won't resort to a case is because I still want it to be able to fit in my holster. But my options are wearing thin.
    05-03-11 02:46 PM
    Geez, these things bruise easily. I wastrying to buy a used one, and the knicks and scratches on them turned me away. I ended up getting a new torch and immediately bought an AGF GRT case for it. I hate cases, especially when they aren't gel cases, but I love keeping my devices in prestine condition. And honestly, the AGF GRT case isn't that bulky. Granted, I owned pocket pc's at one point in life, so anything that doesn't bulge like those, I find not to be bulky.

I have a friend who dropped his torch the night he got it. Yes, he was upset and all. But now, he's learned to live with how his red (and black) torch looks. I asked him if he'd case it now, and he replied there was no point since it was already battered.

05-04-11 01:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD