Can somebody please tell me how to get rid of the AT&T welcome screen when you turn on the phone. Thwe colour freaks me out and starts my day poorly!!!!
    Thanks so much
    Ron
    09-14-10 05:21 AM
    Turn on the phone, look away, and then look back. Problem solved if there is no other solution.
    09-14-10 06:07 AM
    That would be it
    09-14-10 06:30 AM
    LOL! Now if that putrid screen came with a daily joke/poem/saying/prayer or whatever I might not want to vomit every time I see it. Problem is I turn it on in bed before getting up and if I look away I would have to look at my wife and that. my dear Rikter, is and evn greater punishment!
    09-14-10 06:31 AM
    LOL! Now if that putrid screen came with a daily joke/poem/saying/prayer or whatever I might not want to vomit every time I see it. Problem is I turn it on in bed before getting up and if I look away I would have to look at my wife and that. my dear Rikter, is and evn greater punishment!
    Oh oh.....if she reads this....you might as well put the doghouse on your back.

How about just closing your eyes and going to your happy place?
    09-14-10 06:48 AM
    LOL!! Hilarious.
    09-14-10 07:03 AM
    Why not just ask her to hold it until startup is complete? Problem solved!

Just out of curiosity why are you doing a reboot every morning anyways? The only time I have had to reboot the Torch is post dowload.
    09-14-10 07:13 AM
    Just out of curiosity why are you doing a reboot every morning anyways? The only time I have had to reboot the Torch is post dowload.
    Sorry no advice on how to remove the splash screen. If I remember correctly from the early Bold days, it's a pretty futile process.

Is turning the phone off at night and turning it back on in the morning really considered a 'reboot?'

I use the settings (options>device>auto on/off) to automatically turn mine off at midnight and back on at 5:00 AM. If the OP did something similar, he would be past the splash screen and all loaded up with new notifications when he first picks it up. Now if my wife just had those settings.......
    Last edited by 5picker; 09-14-10 at 08:04 AM. Reason: typo
    09-14-10 07:40 AM
    Is turning the phone off at night and turning it back on in the morning really considered a 'reboot?'

I use the settings (options>device>auto on/off) to automatically turn mine off at midnight and back on at 5:00 AM. If the OP did something similar, he would be past the splash screen and all loaded up with new notifications when he first picks it up. Now if my wife just had those settings.......
    Yeah I guess I misread. I just have mine set to enter bedside mode (phone calls only) in the cradle. and do you really want your wife full of notifications early in the morning?
    09-14-10 08:38 AM
    Even better problem solver. Why not download Quick Pull and set it up to do a re-boot every morning about 10 minutes before you wake up...OR if you set an alarm on the phone and make it just blink the light (because obviously you aren't using it as an alarm). You can hit the power button and just pick Turn Off, not Full Power Off and it will turn itself back on in the morning just before you wake up as well. Lets see a Droid or iPhone turn itself back! (Sorry had to make the dig!)
    09-14-10 08:47 AM
    Thanks ronaldjp, another one for the Phones are like a marriage thread
    09-14-10 08:55 AM
    someone should tell his wife to put some AT&T wallpapers in the entire house..
    09-14-10 08:57 AM
    It can be done but the process requires using illegal software we don't allow folks to discuss here. Doing this to your BB can also ruin it if done incorrectly. Google debranding a blackberry. But otherwise don't discuss it on CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 09:17 AM
    Gotcha thanks Pk~
    09-14-10 07:04 PM
    It can be done but the process requires using illegal software we don't allow folks to discuss here. Doing this to your BB can also ruin it if done incorrectly. Google debranding a blackberry. But otherwise don't discuss it on CB.

Actually new BB devices can't be altered this way, RIM added extra security to the bootloader to prevent said software from working on newer phones. So, for now, it's a moot point.

09-14-10 07:16 PM
    Well Thanks everybody! I resolved my problem and I am grateful for all the good advise. I have decided on the following.
    1. I won't tamper with the software and just leave the putrid screen as it is. Chances are that for the following reasons I will never see it again.
    2. I will set the phone to go off and on automatically before I have to get up, therefore its well and truly past the screen when I get up
    3. I will divorce my wife so no matter what screen or phone I will ever have I will never have to look at her instead.

And again....heartfelt thanks for your kind words!

Ron
    09-17-10 05:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD