if i backup my old torch on BES (full backup with email) do i just restore that backup onto my new torch? even if the new torch will already be activated on the BES? will my restore mess up that BES activation? and will everything transfer over, apps, app data, personal email, and settings?

thanks..
    09-02-10 12:49 PM
    It worked for me
    09-02-10 01:16 PM
    Use the device switch wizard with your old torch connected to your computer and the bes service. Works everytime for me. Have a storm and switched from 8830 with no problem. Contacts, calendar everything worked fine. The only issue was the 3rd party apps for the old device, of course didn't work. But that won't be a problem for you.

When I switched from S1 to S2, went smoothly for everything.
    Last edited by dkingsf; 09-02-10 at 01:28 PM.
    09-02-10 01:26 PM
    Before you go to all the trouble, make sure that the replacement works correctly. If it does not, ask for another one.
    09-02-10 01:28 PM
    Use the device switch wizard with your old torch connected to your computer and the bes service. Works everytime for me. Have a storm and switched from 8830 with no problem. Contacts, calendar everything worked fine. The only issue was the 3rd party apps for the old device, of course didn't work. But that won't be a problem for you.

When I switched from S1 to S2, went smoothly for everything.
    I think the OP is exchanging the devices so they would have to use the Back-up wizard.
    09-02-10 01:38 PM
    Before you go to all the trouble, make sure that the replacement works correctly. If it does not, ask for another one.
    Definitely!!!!!!!
    09-02-10 01:39 PM
    if i backup my old torch on BES (full backup with email) do i just restore that backup onto my new torch? even if the new torch will already be activated on the BES? will my restore mess up that BES activation? and will everything transfer over, apps, app data, personal email, and settings?

thanks..
    Be sure you do the backup/restore from your desktop (BES) as opposed to your home computer (not BES). If the former, you probably won't need to reactivate, new password, etc. If the latter however, you will.
    09-02-10 01:51 PM
    What do you mean activate from desktop instead of home computer? Are you talking about work computer as opposed to personal computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD