I have screwed around with this for way too long. I took pictures on my new Torch that are not residing on the media card but are on the device memory. I have sinced changed that setting so they go to the card, but I want to move the ones in memory to my PC. I have Blackberry Desktop Manager 5.0.1 after realizing that version 6.0 couldn't help. I launch Media Manager and in the bottom left under My Devices I see both [Device Memory] and [Media Card]. I can open the [Media Card] and cruise through those folders, but when I do the same for [Device Memory], nothing happens. Please help.
    05-08-11 07:54 PM
    Plug your device into your PC, and when the options on the bb's screen come up, select "usb media/drive" aka "mass storage mode"

Both your device, and media card will show up on your PC as removable (usb) drives. Just drag and drop the ones from your bb to your sd card. I do this from my pc to the card for music etc... I don't bother "syncing"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 08:11 PM
    I select "USB Drive on BB screen. It shows me a drive F (media card) and drive G (assuming is device memory). When I click on drive G to view, I get "Please insert a disk into Drive G". I am running XP and wonder if I try this on Win 7, it might allow me to get to it?
    05-09-11 07:35 PM
    It should work on XP. Try rebooting your device, by pulling the battery, and then try again... Make sure you don't have the media window open on your bb when trying to browse it from your PC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 07:37 PM
    Well I downloaded FileScout and was able to copy/paste to media card about half of them until the path disappeared. I followed your instructions and got out of Media when plugging into PC. I was able to browse to the pictures, but when I tried to copy, I got "Please insert a disk into Drive G". Argh!
    05-09-11 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD