Hey all, I always read the forum but I rarely post, now it's my time. I dropped my Torch on Monday for the first time, it was slided out and it landed on soft, muddy ground (fortunately). Since that I found a little (less than a millimetre) gap between the two parts, which is a bit annoying because I don't remember it was like that before. I just feel it moving a little bit when I push any of the buttons under the screen (I mean the 4 buttons+trackpad). Is it because of the drop, or am I just paranoid?

I know slider phones mostly have gaps (a T-Mobile G1 I had years ago also), I'm just curious and I don't want my loved Torch to get in worse condition!
    04-27-11 10:27 AM
    I don't notice a gap.... maybe if you put something under the cover it will take up the slack...

I took some blue painters tape, folded up with one sticky side showing, and taped that to the bottom of the phone, then replaced the cover. took care of that annoying littke squeak.

some have said use a business card, or piece of paper, but everytime I opened for a hard reset everything fell out. the blue tape is sticky enough to stick to the back of the battery (for easier removal) or the back of the phone (to eliminate wobble and creaks), but not sticky enough to leave residue and won't fall out.
    04-27-11 10:48 AM
    Yes it's probably because of the drop. You will see a lot of talk about screen wobble around here. Mine never had it until I dropped it. It's annoying but not harmful.

If you slide the screen up and put something behind it the wobble will be reduced. I used a couple of stickers I stole from my daughter. I have since replaced the whole screen which fixed it for good.
    04-27-11 01:51 PM
    i would say because of the drop. could of messed up the mechanism that moves it up and down. i drpped my n97 and it was never the same.
    04-27-11 11:10 PM
    I have found the AGF cases eliminate the wobble. As these cases attach to themselves and not the device, this may be a solution to keep your phone in one piece...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-11 11:56 PM
    Thanks for the comments guys, I'll order an AGF case, and put a sticker behind the screen until then. I thought I'd never drop my Torch, but I was too drunk, so it's my fault.
    04-28-11 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD