Only had this phone 2 months, the menu button starting to not respond. End up pushing it so hard, it actually pushes the call button.

The button design is a bit flawed being each button isn't dedicated.
    10-27-10 10:07 AM
    I have heard some other's complaing about the front panel of buttons. Seems to be a real issue.
    10-27-10 01:47 PM
    Take it back and get a new one under warranty!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 02:53 PM
    You have a 1yr manufacture warranty on the device, take it back and get it replaced. They will send you another phone but it will most likely be a refurbished phone, which IMO may have gone under an individual quality check and has a better chance of being a better phone VS getting a new one that only had a few in the batch QC'd.

10-27-10 04:25 PM
    You have a 1yr manufacture warranty on the device, take it back and get it replaced. They will send you another phone but it will most likely be a refurbished phone, which IMO may have gone under an individual quality check and has a better chance of being a better phone VS getting a new one that only had a few in the batch QC'd.

I agree but not 100% true.

I have worked in the RIM facility QC'ing devices before and each one is hand software loaded, put together and then each one is QC'ed before packaging.

But I do agree a refurbed phone will be scrutinized and examined more closely to hardware issues and then you will have a better running piece of hardware.
    10-27-10 04:36 PM
    Mine was crap the first torch I got so I never held onto it too long before returning it. It was hard to press and smushy if that makes any sense. Like everyone is saying, return it.

10-27-10 09:21 PM
    I might just do that. Starting to get to be a real pain. Just not looking forward to re-loading.
    10-27-10 11:16 PM

This was true for me. When I had to send my second Torch in through insurance after I dropped it, the phone I got back was the best Torch I've ever had. The buttons aren't peeling and there isn't any wobble.

Much better than the two Torches I got from the AT&T store.
    10-27-10 11:26 PM
    i'm having the same problem with my torch; however, i bought it unlocked on ebay. is it possible to still send it back and try and get a new one from RIM because its under manufacture's warranty? what do you guys think?
    01-18-11 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD