My Torch Froze on Reboot about 3/4 of the way through

5 battery pulls still frozen

Been about 2 months since I have done a back up, I don't want to lose my contacts ANYONE have any idea if I can recover it?

Thank you
    03-08-11 09:30 PM
    Did you find a solution for this yet? Obviously you know how to do the device restore but did you find a way to save your recent data?
    03-10-11 10:06 AM
    If you reinstall or update your OS without wiping the device first using the apploader it will do an automatic backup of the device. You shouldn't lose any data

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 11:16 AM
    Are you sure that it's frozen? I know that sounds stupid but sometimes my Torch can take up to five minutes to boot and it almost looks like it's frozen at that last 3/4 of the way through till it jumps to 100% and is done.
    03-10-11 11:24 AM
    KB17877-How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

maybe?

i havent booted like that since the 9000, try and see if it works
    03-10-11 11:25 AM
    Guys, I think that if it wont start (properly or with an error) you can't connect to reload anything. A wiped reload would be the only option here unless safemode will work.

pzykotic - if your device takes upto 5 minutes to start that's not very good. Mine take 1 1/2 minutes.

Edit: safemode is supported in OS6. I tried it. See top of the screen shot
    Attachment 82700
    Last edited by pmccartney; 03-10-11 at 01:24 PM.
    03-10-11 01:15 PM
    Are you sure that it's frozen? I know that sounds stupid but sometimes my Torch can take up to five minutes to boot and it almost looks like it's frozen at that last 3/4 of the way through till it jumps to 100% and is done.
    That can be possible. I remember in one instance my phone booted up to like 75% and hung there for a few minutes before completing the reboot. It only happened once. At first I did panic and pulled the battery but then i just left it there and it eventually finished and hadn't have it happen again.

03-10-11 05:07 PM
    This happened to me just after installing AppWorld 3.0 and rebooting. Glad I stumbled across this thread after letting the phone sit for far longer than normal, since it finally finished booting. (this one on OS7)
    09-06-11 09:47 AM
    Patience or safe mode?

Pick one.

once your berry comes back to life, try deleting the last installed app with BBSak.
    09-06-11 09:52 AM
    Plug usb to ur blackberry and PC and open desktop manager. It worked with me long time ago with 9630 Tour

09-09-11 08:50 AM
    My reboots usually take a few minutes, completely froze once, but was fixed with a single battery pull.
    09-09-11 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD