Edit: I really don't know whats happening with 9800 OSs but now we have new OS waiting to be release because of comments not going to open new topic but its 6.0.0.418 registered.

I know that I give you info about "9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel1573_PL6.4.0.178_A6.0.0.399 " But today we have newly registered software whic is: 9800M_PBr6.0.0_rel1624_PL6.4.0.178_A6.0.0.410 so forget about 6.0.0.399 they must find some bugs or somethin' so they decide to register new one which is a good update after 337 ((= Hope It comes this week...

Last edited by rroyy; 12-18-10 at 08:31 PM.
    12-06-10 07:37 PM
    The next OS update version, whatever it is, will be out when it is out. These OS threads are just speculation at best.
    12-06-10 07:40 PM
    The next OS update version, whatever it is, will be out when it is out. These OS threads are just speculation at best.
    There's no need for writin' this here just report post if they want to remove it they will...
    12-06-10 07:52 PM
    No need to report the post. It does not violate any forum rules. If you are right, then so be it. Unless you have more specific inside information, it strains credibility. This is just my opinion which is a freedom which we Americans enjoy. You should not take such comments personally and should develop a thicker skin.
    rroyy, garpt and funnykindel like this.
    12-06-10 07:57 PM
    Some information is better than none... at least it's nice to see what is out there and where they are at regardless if it is released or not.
    rroyy and funnykindel like this.
    12-06-10 08:01 PM
    What is the source of the screenshots?
    12-06-10 08:06 PM
    Why platform version is the same as .399?
    12-06-10 08:09 PM
    Updated OS patch???
    12-06-10 08:19 PM
    I'll take anything that is higher than my current .337

- Charles
    12-06-10 08:32 PM
    Putting battery life back in line with .284 would be awesome.
    12-06-10 08:33 PM
    Lol, wonder what this update will do.
    12-06-10 09:47 PM
    WTH. Either one released would work for me.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-06-10 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Clarification for others.
    12-06-10 11:28 PM
    Putting battery life back in line with .284 would be awesome.
    i pray that the battery life will improve over what we have now. im about to ditch the torch if this battery life continues to stink.
    12-06-10 11:57 PM
    I don't get how everyone does deeply complain about the torch's battery. My iphone 3gs's battery SUCKED. My Torch destroys it in every way, like it lasts 2 days where my Iphone would die in 1 with less browsing/text easily. RIM definitely could have done a much better job, however they didn't. This is also a touch phone, not a bold/curve it powers a huge screen. First time touch phone users don't seem to understand that the battery life on touchphones just isn't as good as a standard phone. From my understanding the Torch has a better battery than i4? and my brothers stupid *** droid lol.
    Last edited by brettmyster; 12-07-10 at 12:07 AM.
    funnykindel and anon(3370495) like this.
    12-07-10 12:03 AM
    I don't get how everyone does deeply complain about the torch's battery. My iphone 3gs's battery SUCKED. My Torch destroys it in every way, like it lasts 2 days where my Iphone would die in 1 with less browsing/text easily.
    ive done everything possible from deleting apps, minimizing use etc to gain the best battery life possible out of this phone. im furious. i unplugged it at 5pm and have only made a 10 minute phone call and sent a few BBMs. im down to 45% already. its pathetic.

my battery issues have become much more horrible after upgrading to .337 and downloading Kik messenger. i have since deleted Kik and it got a little better. still waiting for a new OS. if this keeps up, im gonna goto the 9780. i want to like the Torch, but having a phone that cant keep up with minimal usage in 12 hrs before nearly dying is pathetic. i NEVER had this trouble with the 9700 with extremely heavy usage. its like i cant even use my phone how i used to or want to, for fear its going to die on me. its pathetic. at idle, the damn thing loses 1% of battery life ever 10 mins. 6-10% per hour?? at idle?? BS!!!!
    enrico1 likes this.
    12-07-10 12:09 AM
    ive done everything possible from deleting apps, minimizing use etc to gain the best battery life possible out of this phone. im furious. i unplugged it at 5pm and have only made a 10 minute phone call and sent a few BBMs. im down to 45% already. its pathetic.

my battery issues have become much more horrible after upgrading to .337 and downloading Kik messenger. i have since deleted Kik and it got a little better. still waiting for a new OS. if this keeps up, im gonna goto the 9780. i want to like the Torch, but having a phone that cant keep up with minimal usage in 12 hrs before nearly dying is pathetic. i NEVER had this trouble with the 9700 with extremely heavy usage. its like i cant even use my phone how i used to or want to, for fear its going to die on me. its pathetic. at idle, the damn thing loses 1% of battery life ever 10 mins. 6-10% per hour?? at idle?? BS!!!!
    Somethings either wrong with your battery/torch or software.
    12-07-10 12:17 AM

Wow! Mine is Not as bad as yours, but, I would not mind better battery life as well.
    12-07-10 12:33 AM
    Somethings either wrong with your battery/torch or software.
    i know. im hoping its the OS. im going to wait and see what happens after the next OS leaks so i can eliminate that before i get a new battery.
    12-07-10 12:45 AM
    i know. im hoping its the OS. im going to wait and see what happens after the next OS leaks so i can eliminate that before i get a new battery.
    I'm struggling to understand why you don't just go back to a previous OS? I had this problem with a couple of OSes on my old Bold, it's an easy task to downgrade and wait for a new leak.
    12-07-10 04:11 AM
    I'm struggling to understand why you don't just go back to a previous OS? I had this problem with a couple of OSes on my old Bold, it's an easy task to downgrade and wait for a new leak.
    because its close to a new OS being released anyways. besides, i was spending alot of time elminiating other apps as part of the issue. everyone was reporting decent battery life on .337 so i was doubting the OS was the problem. if the new OS doesnt help, ill get a new battery and see if that helps.
    12-07-10 04:46 AM

We keep telling you that your battery is defective.

TAKE IT BACK.

I make 3 20(or roughly there about) minute phone calls every day and my battery only drops by 2% and less then .1% an hour at idle. I have my screen at 100% brightness, wifi is always on, and BT is always on, Berryweather updates every 5 minutes, twitter updates every 10 minutes, I make roughly 100 text messages a a day, don't really use BBM that much but do use it on occasion, some web surfing(but not a ton), and send and receive several emails a day. My battery easily last an entire day(12 hours). Im typically at 40% at the end of the day.

According to BB meter I run at minimum 0.1%, maximum 10.4% and average is 3.2%. I reset the stats every day just to keep an eye on it.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention I'm running a hybrid OS. Even still before I started running the hybrid my battery usage isn't much difference. I used to be at roughly 20% at the end of the day as opposed to the 40% I have now.
    Last edited by homer1475; 12-07-10 at 08:38 AM.
    12-07-10 08:18 AM
    Does anyone know when we can expect the new OS update? I'd really love to upgrade.
    12-07-10 08:45 AM
    Sure you might have had a bad OS install and things are messed up...but no one else on .337 is reporting such terrible battery life.

Why don't you list the apps you have installed so we can tell you whether or not that's the culprit?

If changing OS versions in the past has not significantly improved your battery life and none of you apps are battery killers, it's pretty clear you have a hardware issue.

Does anyone know when we can expect the new OS update? I'd really love to upgrade.
    No one has a clue. It's totally up to someone to leak it or a carrier to release it and there's no time frame for either that we'll ever see.
    12-07-10 09:05 AM
    Hehehehe. Getting tired of answering the same questions over and over yet jeffreii?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 09:21 AM
    Either your Torch is not the norm or mine is not the norm. I made several calls yesterday with a total time of just under 1.5 hours along with about 100 emails and texts and some browsing. I started the day (6:00 AM) with 95% battery and ended last night (11:30 PM) at 60%.

I have three co-workers getting similar battery life results with their Torches.

Something doesn't jive.
    12-07-10 09:25 AM
111 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD