My initial thought was wrong, however Glenn has confirmed if you turn OFF wifi, that the bluetooth streaming works fine. Hopefully there'll be a fix out soon so we don't manually have to do this whenever we stream. But for now, that's the scoop.

I sure hope I'm right with the topic at least!

I sat out in my car tonight and messed with syncing the Torch to my Mustang. I synced it with no problems, and set it as the primary device. I then went into the "paired devices" screen on my Torch, selected "sync" hit the blackberry/menu buttons and went to "device properties". I then UNchecked "Encryption" and played like 10 minutes of music from my Torch. Never once did it stutter. It DID stutter while I had "encryption" turned on. My guess is, whatever kind of encryption it does, has a hard time encrypting music, but maybe not-so-hard with just a voice conversation.

Can someone who was having problems uncheck their encryption button and post whether that fixed it for you or not?

Thanks!
    Last edited by anon(49433); 08-31-10 at 03:14 PM.
    08-23-10 10:17 PM
    Well I did notice some skipping this morning. Maybe that HELPED it but I'm not totally convinced now it's actually fixed. Anyone verify whether this seems to "help" or not?
    08-24-10 08:26 AM
    Yeah, I tried that. Didn't work.
    08-24-10 01:10 PM
    Darnit. I thought I had something. Wish these forums would let me change the topic! Thanks for the feedback!
    08-24-10 05:10 PM
    Just got your PM... I tried too. I didn't work. I'm so sad about it. NOW what do we do??
    08-24-10 08:26 PM
    Well it's something to do with the Torch, because other phones play fine through my sync system. Wonder if streaming to another bluetooth device would cause the same stuttering. Anyone have bluetooth stereo headphones? Or a friend with a different car (chevy, dodge, etc) to try in it and see if it does that?
    08-25-10 09:01 AM
    Well it's something to do with the Torch, because other phones play fine through my sync system. Wonder if streaming to another bluetooth device would cause the same stuttering. Anyone have bluetooth stereo headphones? Or a friend with a different car (chevy, dodge, etc) to try in it and see if it does that?
    Interesting you should ask -- I had quickly checked the bluetooth streaming from the Torch to my Motorola DC800 stereo gateway, a five year old workhorse attached to my home stereo that I had no problems using with my Bold. It seemed to work fine, and that was that.

When I actually used it for an extended period of time, I noticed the odd drop out ocassionally and a decided drop out when I shut the slider on the phone. I had never had any drop outs before (except when the microwave was/is running, which shuts the audio stream down completely).

So perhaps the BT is a bit funky on this phone. I had .161 for a short time before I exchanged the phone, but I never tried BT with that OS version. In any event, I would think that if there is a BT problem with the phone, it could be remedied with an OS update. Not acceptable to those who want it working 100% of the time, of course, but what can you do at this point.
    08-25-10 09:27 AM
    Synced up with my Ford Edge today. Took encryption off and works perfectlty. I will try with encryption on when i get back to my car a little later. No probs with skipping after 15 min of playing on my way to work. ill be back later with more
    08-25-10 09:45 AM
    I am hoping for an update soon then. I miss my music LOL.... either that or I'll have to get a new music player to play my music.
    08-25-10 10:22 AM
    So you guys are using BT to stream the music from the phone to the Ford Sync system? Are you able to use the Sync system to browse playlists and choose what songs to play from the phone without having to handle the phone?
    08-25-10 11:54 AM
    Yes, it all seems to work until it plays the music.... the phone works fine through the bluetooth too, it's just the music skipping and not playing correctly
    08-25-10 11:59 AM
    If I plug the USB in the Torch told me that media card data can't be read while plugged into a computer. I tried everything.
    08-25-10 12:43 PM
    yep mine read the same
    08-25-10 12:57 PM
    Tried with encyption ON and everything is fine still. Streaming music for 30 min straight and no skipping or drop outs. Working perfectly here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 01:52 PM
    Turning encryption off did not help the skipping problem on my fusion sync system.

(I have a Jabra BT3030 Bluetooth Headset and the Audio is perfect on that)

I have not tried to plug it in via USB yet but when you do you should not be accessing content via the torch, you should use the sync system. I just don't know how it will handle the media card.

Experimentation to follow.
    Last edited by GlennTX; 08-25-10 at 04:37 PM.
    08-25-10 01:59 PM
    any luck anyone??
    08-27-10 01:45 PM
    My opinion, FWIW, is that you will have to wait for a software update that specifically addresses the problem. I was hoping it happened before my 30 days with the silly iPhone is up, but I don't see it happening.
    08-28-10 08:30 AM
    A friend of mine mentioned the Bluetooth chip and the WiFi chip are the same chip on this phone. He suggested turning OFF wifi and seeing if the stream worked. I streamed for 15 minutes on the way back from lunch and didn't hear it mess up, although I'm hesitant to say that fixed it Anyone else want to turn off wifi and stream for a bit and see if you hear still it cutting out?
    08-30-10 01:12 PM
    I tested this on the way to work this morning and there were no skips in the audio. I'll keep testing it but would love to see a fix if this is the culprit. Its good to be able to listen to podcasts in the car again. However, I just know I'm going to forget to turn the wifi back on sometime.

Last edited by GlennTX; 08-31-10 at 02:57 PM.
    08-31-10 02:53 PM
    Thanks Glenn, I appreciate the feedback. Somehow the wifi and bluetooth are interfering with each other. Why it doesn't do that with bluetooth phone calls I don't know. According to a friend of mine, this is a bluetooth/wifi chip made by TI and this phone is the first one they've put this chip in. Apparently they need to get all the kinks out of it still. I updated the original post to reflect our findings. Hopefully they'll get a fix. Or maybe make a music player that'll auto turn off Wifi when it starts, and turn it back on when it stops
    08-31-10 03:31 PM
    still skips even when wi fi is off. *thumbs down*
    09-01-10 02:48 PM
    When syncing with my Ford Fusion, turning the WiFi off fixes the problem. It's very consistent (even mid song) - WiFi on-> occasional "stuttering", WiFi off -> works great.

Hopefully this will get fixed in a software upgrade, but at least there's a work around. On long car trips who needs WiFi anyways?
    09-02-10 09:08 AM
    I must not have had it turned off. It does work now with the Wifi off... I'm so glad... Thanks radiochik
    09-02-10 10:31 AM
    another happy camper..
    don't you just love going back to this forum?
    09-02-10 10:39 AM
    I decided to try 214 (leaked OS) to see if this is fixed. This update does not fix the problem. Its not any better or wose.

Is there a page at RIM where we submit a problem report? Or, has someone done that?

09-07-10 09:14 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD