am i able to add other fonts to my bb torch??? i have a font on my pc called "good times" am i able to transfer it to my fone... and is it as simple as transferring music/pictures etc???
    many thanks
    06-28-11 02:39 AM
    Get an app called font collection and you can as long as the file is TTF format and less then 100 kbs u can install it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 04:59 AM
    Hey!
    Here are step by step instructions. I'm not sure how BlackBerry & computer savvy you are, so please don't be offended if I go into too much detail.

1) On your Torch, go to BlackBerry app world. As BabyChan said, search for and download a program called Font Collection, which costs $1.99. Install it on your Torch. The program has a pretty good selection of fonts, but if you still want Good Times, do the following:

2) On your computer, open the C:/Windows/Fonts folder. Find the Good Times font, highlight it, and hit the CTRL key and the C key at the same time, or go up to Edit and select Copy. Right Click and Copy does not work on the fonts. Most of Windows fonts are True Type Fonts. If they aren't, they aren't going to work on your Torch. I found and installed Good Times on my computer. It should be 62K in size, which will work on your Torch.

3) Hook up your BlackBerry to your computer via the USB cable.

4) Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the top right corner of the Desktop Manager, click the ? box, and go down to About BlackBerry Desktop Manager. You should have version 6.1.0.35, which allows you to add files to your Torch. If you have an earlier version, just update your Desktop Manager. After getting the correct version, click "Files" on the left hand side of the Desktop manager. It should default to your Media Card and then the BlackBerry Folder. Click in the empty white area, right click and Paste. Good Times.TTF should show up. If you know how to explore your BlackBerry SD card or device memory without using Desktop Manager, you can do that as well. Select the folder you want to copy the font into, and right click and click Paste.

5) Unplug your phone from your computer, because the Media Card is not accessible when you have Desktop Manager open.

6) Open your Font Collection program you downloaded. Click your BlackBerry button beside your trackpad, and click Install TTF. Click on SDCard/, then BlackBerry/, then scroll down to Good Times.TTF, and click it. It will install and ask if you want to set it to your system font. Click Yes.

This should be it. If you want me to do screenshots of each step, I would be more than happy to!

Good Luck!
    06-28-11 01:23 PM
    nice one.. ill give it a go if i get stuck.. i'll be back asking for screenshots
    07-09-11 12:33 PM
    where on my bb do i store the file???
    when i access my bb thro pc.. i have the usual files to access..
    music/pictures/ringtones/im/lp/ etc etc...
    which one?? or do i store it somewhere else??
    07-09-11 01:23 PM
    Marshy you ask where to store the files. Read again, from the quote below.
    (quote edited for space)
    ... Select the folder you want to copy the font into, and right click and click Paste. ...
    Last edited by Languid_Pollices; 07-09-11 at 06:45 PM.
    07-09-11 06:43 PM
    Yeah I got that, its just whatever file I choose to put it in it just reads "unable to display file" etc... And when I press the bb button, it doesn't give the install option..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 06:47 PM
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner! I haven't been on here in a few days.

Funny thing is, this weekend I was browsing thru BB apps, and ran upon a new font app called Fonts Ultimate. It is $1.99 as well. It already has a font called Good Time as a font option. I am going to post a screenshot, and tell me if this is the font you are looking for.

If it is, downloading the new app may save you alot of headache. If you don't want to spend another $1.99, just let me know and I will post screenshots on how to install it from the program you already have!
    07-11-11 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD