Woke up at 3am last night, had a text (flashing red led), but couldn't read it, the screen was DEAD. Did a battery pull (10 second), phone powered on, but no loading screen, just black screen. Thankfully a second battery pull (60 second) "fixed" it. So all is fine and well? it was until I got to work and looked at my phone and it was purplish tinted and every time I tried to do something the screen would get these diagonal colored lines all through it (it wouldve been really cool looking if it was somebody else phone ). This malfunction made the screen unreadable and if the screen blacked out in "malfunction mode" it wouldn't turn back on without a battery pull and even then it was iffy. So I got pissed and blew it out HARD with the shop air hose and after a few more malfunctions after the cleaning, now its fine (for now). Nothing seemed to "fix" the display glitch, sometimes sliding the KB in/out, and changing from portrait to landscape seemed to maybe sometimes make the display go back to its right colors, but there really wasn't any rhyme or reason to it.....

I'm ready to take it back for a warranty exchange but now they won't believe me cuz it went from totally focked to back to normal.... Either it was a coincidence or blowing it out freed up some dirt or something.... I have no idea ....

Has anybody heard anything like this?
    And what should I do?
    12-20-10 11:34 AM
    What OS? This is a software issue. I have seen this only one time myself on 246. Never happened again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 11:36 AM
    What OS? This is a software issue. I have seen this only one time myself on 246. Never happened again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow thanks for the instantaneous reply! I do have 246. What's the newest os for at&t? Ill try a reload when I get home, thanks again.
    12-20-10 11:47 AM
    newest for AT&T is .246, with that being said the newest official OS is .337. You can find the download for it on the first sticky thread in this section of the forums.
    12-20-10 11:49 AM
    What's the newest os for at&t? Ill try a reload when I get home, thanks again.
    I believe the latest ATT official is .246. There are later versions available here. I run .337 from an alternate vendor. Works like a champ. Never had real trouble with .246 until I went for a Mac backup and nuked the phone. That led to installing .337.
    12-20-10 11:50 AM
    There i no need to reload the OS. It happened once for me and never again. It is a charger glitch.
    12-20-10 11:55 AM
    Im on .246 as well, never happened to me.
    12-20-10 12:42 PM
    I never had that issue the OP mentioned, but decided to upgrade to .337 a few weeks after getting my Torch and I love it. I'm on AT&T.
    12-20-10 01:13 PM
    None of those issues it could be the ribbon baling from the main board and the slider gumming up? Never seen this issue myself. But I could see it happening if the cabling was pinched or some internal issue you "might" have fixed with the super power airhose. Good luck op and let us know if it happens more then -kd take it back.
    12-20-10 01:18 PM
    It happened 2 more times today, but without the crazy LSD vision... It just got stuck where the screen would not turn back on for a while, had to push buttons randomly including the screen lock button repeatedly, and when it would come back on, berryslider looked purplish at the bottom, then it normalized quickly. I guess ill wait it out and see what happens.

Dcjr99, I was thinking something along the lines of a faulty flex cable, cuz my old ericsson (6 years ago) would get the trippy screen when the flex cable would go bad (I replaced it twice on that damn thing), but I just can't see a 4 month old blackberry having that problem yet.... I *am* a hard user though (heavy equipment mechanic), the phone gets dirt in it, and metal fragments in the speaker (hard drive magnet works great for "sucking" ferrous fragments from it ). I guess concievably I could have had a metal fragment on the board shorting something out, but I don't have the balls to take this thing apart yet (I'm afraid to "pry" the GLASS digitizer off...)

If it keeps acting up, .337 is getting installed with hopes that its not a hardware problem.

To the people who said "it hasn't happened to me", it probably won't, I don't think this is a run of the mill problem.
    12-20-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD