I tranferred around 20 ringtones from my computer to my Torch. For some reason, most of the files transferred over twice. Then, when I reconnect to my computer to transfer more ringtones, the previous ones transfer again. Some of them don't even work. So instead of having 25 ringtones, I have 60 or so, with all having duplicates. Why is it being so stupid?
    05-19-11 02:57 AM
    Are you sure its not user error? Like copying over an entire folder and not just a file, or perhaps you have DM set to sync with your music folder when you plug your BB in?

Can't say I've ever had this issue, plug in my BB, choose usb drive, open the folder to view files from the popup, then just drag and drop the files onto my BB(be it either internal memory, or SD card). I don't sync anything as I find that to be a bigger pita then its worth.

I would erase them all, do a battery pull, copy them back over either as an entire folder or one file at a time. Then do another battery pull and then check to see if they copied over correctly this time.
    05-19-11 04:51 AM
    It sounds like you are syncing items. If you have the ringtones in a playlist that is set to sync when you connect the bb to your computer and you are manually copying them over as well, it is bound to cause duplicates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 05:25 AM
    The weird thing is once I removed the battery and turned it back on, all the duplicated disappeared.
    05-19-11 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD