A few problems with my Torch
1. My battery life... I am having to charge my phone at least twice a day. (I have no applications running in the background)
2. When I am speaking on the phone it will automatically activate the speakerphone..
3. I can't figure out how to save an entire text message conversation. I go to "save message" and it will only save the text the scroll bar is over. I am wanting to save an entire conversation.
4. I had a "media file" (or something like that) error message and I was told to reformat my media card. I did so and lost 90% of my media (music and photos).
5. When charging my phone, the touchscreen does not work right half the time. I go to text and it types in all kinds of crazy letters....
6. On the "messages" folder, when I "delete prior" it will only delete certain messages..... Some are still left behind and they will not delete.... After a few days I will hit "delete prior" again and they will delete but then I have other messages that stay.
I did an OS upgrade.... I now have the OS 6 (126.96.36.1996)
- 05-28-2011, 10:21 PM #2
First thing pull your battery! Then look at things like wifi or Bluetooth being on all day that may drain your battery. another drain of battery is network coverage. Make sure you have a strong signal, or switch to 2g only during the day if the 3G is not needed.
- 05-28-2011, 10:26 PM #4
The speaker phone issue is either it being too far away from your face, then pushing the speaker button on the screen. Or the key button for speaker is being pushed. When the phone is close to your face it shuts off the screen so the buttons don't get pushed.
I have pulled the battery many times. WiFi and Bluetooth remain off unless I am using them. As far as the speakerphone problem goes, there are times when I am using the phone and the light will dim so nothing can be pressed and then there are times that the light stays on and it will go to speakerphone, mute it, pause the conversation.....
- 05-28-2011, 10:38 PM #7
Sounds like you may need to do a back up of your data on desktop manager and reload your operating software. Your device should still be under warranty also. That may be the last option f a reload doesn't help.
- 05-28-2011, 10:48 PM #8