So I read a few pages on another thread about people downloading the .200 OS, but there was so much other BS I didn't get far... I'm just wondering, since its been a few days now, how everyone is working out with theirs? Any problems so far? I've had a few noticeable differences, for one my battery life drains at an unconceviable rate. I could charge at night before I go to bed and in the morning it's drained to 20% or less. What is the deal? I'm very new to blackberry, as the torch is my first one and I've had it for a little over a month now. Starting to wish I went with something else...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 12:46 PM
    um .600 is the newest OS
    08-06-11 12:47 PM
    Whaaatever. I said I was new to bb lol.

08-06-11 01:13 PM
    Was there even a .200? That goes waaaay back to near release date. Give .600 a try. It has the best battery life for me. Charge full before bed at 2am unplug. Wake up 9 am lost about 3% in battery

08-06-11 02:47 PM
    If you're new to BB my one word of advice is to make sure you actually close programs out when you're done using them not just hit the red end call button because that keeps them running in the background which will chew up your battery life.

I'm running 600 and have been having decent battery life considering I've been playing on the Torch alot since I've only had it a week.
    08-06-11 03:10 PM
    I'm going to jump in on this because I too was reading the thread and so many comments but did not really see what I need. I only upgraded once and it was a notification on my phone so I simply followed the steps and upgraded OTA. I think its .246 or something like that. Anyway, I want to do an upgrade but I don't have a computer and everything I see as far as instructions is using DM. Are there links to do the updates OTA? And is it safe to do? I want .488 I think because based on comments it looks like a good one. Thanks a lot.

08-06-11 07:08 PM
    You can go to options then device and have it check for updates which wouldn't require the PC but I think that just updates to the most recent official OS.
    08-06-11 07:24 PM
    Yeah it always says its up to date. I guess the only way is when they send me an icon that says software updates. Thanks though!

08-06-11 07:30 PM
    Hey wait there's one in there! Thanks!!

08-06-11 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD