5 Things I Like About the Blackberry Torch—And a Few I Don't | PCMag.com

I'm in my late 20s, so I did agree and find this quote interesting, "ast week, I got into an argument about the BlackBerry Torch with a Gizmodo editor. This guy is probably 20 years younger than me and can only view the Torch through the prism of an Apple iPhone. The technology is old he told me and the screen resolution, in today's 800-by-480 world, is embarrassing. I'd already been carrying the Torch around for a few days, and I simply couldn't agree with him. "
    08-26-10 09:07 AM
    I'm in my early 20's and yeah, except for the talk about generation gap I agree with him on every point (most of my friends in college actually do prefer physical keyboard over virtual ones. It's only that most of them are willing to make sacrifices for the sake of weight, size and form factor).

One thing he neglected to mention, tho, is the price point. I just feel like the price for the torch is a little too high for some of the disadvantages it has on the consumer market, like older processor and relatively paltry camera/multimedia performance. As it stands I feel the torch is a great competitor to midrange smartphones like the HTC aria, rather than droid xs and iphone 4s of the world.

Of course, I'm loving my torch and won't give it away for any other phone on the market right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 09:25 AM
    Actually, his dislikes don't bother me at all. No problem with the weight - I don't like feather light phones. I love the keyboard. I have no problem with AT&T's coverage. No complaints about the processor.

The only thing I'm lukewarm about is the battery. I realise I was spoiled with the 9700, but have to admit, it's less than I would have liked.
    08-26-10 10:12 AM
    I'm also glad the Text message icon is now at the top of the list. On my Bold, I often missed text messages because the icon was stuffed well below the digital fold.
    The text icon in the tool bar didn't tell him he had a text?

My productivity phone is the Torch. My fun, time wasting, and Tweeting phone is the iPhone. There. Does that answer your question?
    Very good way to sum up the questions people have been posting about "which phone is better...".
    08-26-10 10:18 AM
    i'm getting tired of reviews which starts with "Is the Blackberry Torch better than an iPhone? "
    this ONLY helps people who currently have iphones.. or have used an iphone..
    put it this way...
    is the Lexus IS250/IS350 better than the BMW 325/328?

statement like this are BEST placed in the end of the article.. after the writer compared the two devices head to head..
    08-26-10 11:01 AM
    i'm getting tired of reviews which starts with "Is the Blackberry Torch better than an iPhone? "
    this ONLY helps people who currently have iphones.. or have used an iphone..
    put it this way...
    is the Lexus IS250/IS350 better than the BMW 325/328?

statement like this are BEST placed in the end of the article.. after the writer compared the two devices head to head..
    Actually, the comparison would be the 328/335, and the answer clearly is no.
    08-26-10 11:14 AM
    Actually, the comparison would be the 328/335, and the answer clearly is no.
    As an owner of the previous generation is300 I definitely agree with this quote! Still angry at Lexus!! Would love to move to an is350 if it wasn't so.... Soft : ( ok sorry to go off topic!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 12:14 PM
    quote: "This guy is probably 20 years younger than me and can only view the Torch through the prism of an Apple iPhone"......a phone is something to communicate with people, not with apps......I often feel like the iPhone is just an Ipod with a thing they dare to call an antenna.
    08-26-10 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD