I am looking at getting the Torch. Looks nice and like 4G internal better than the Bold 9000 1G. I was looking at Amazon and they have a "Blackberry Torch 9800 Sync Pod + F-S1 Battery + Blackberry Car Charger + Data Cable + Traval Charger + DBRoth Micro SD Card Reader" for 80 bucks

Now the sync pod for desktop charging and spare battery sounds good (other stuff nice) but how do I charge the spare battery. Anyone have an idea on a charger?
    08-14-10 10:23 PM
    I am also looking for a way to charge a spare battery for the Torch. I know I will need one but cant find anything to charge one with. Any ideas???????
    08-24-10 10:55 AM
    Still looking. I don't think I'll be getting the Torch until a desktop battery charger is released, mainly because I have to go 3-4 days without charging and it's not possible to do that without having spare batteries.
    09-15-10 10:11 AM
    Here is an option. I just ordered one and will report back.

Multi-Functional Battery Charger for BlackBerry Torch
    09-18-10 08:27 AM
    I bought this set and they work great. The battery lasts as long as original. You can also charge battery and phone at the same time because the charger has a USB port at the bottom.

1350mah Battery + Charger For Blackberry Torch 9800 NEW - eBay (item 320586123127 end time Sep-06-10 02:44:05 PDT)
    09-19-10 05:29 PM
    Here is an option. I just ordered one and will report back.

Multi-Functional Battery Charger for BlackBerry Torch
    FYI the charger above works great. Came from Hong Kong, and had the wrong label (Blackberry 9500??!!) so I was worried. But hey, what else am I going to do with my extra external F-S1 batteries???

The charger worked great. Charge time is a couple of hours (I did not time exactly). Light glows blue when done, purple when charging. Charger detects actual charge (e.g., its not a crude time like found one some chargers) which I tested by putting a nearly full charged battery - it charged for 10 minutes then glowed blue (and confirmed that was 100% in my BB).

I also tested overnight charging to make sure there was not any heat buildup and that the trickle charger worked. I can confirm the battery remained cool to the touch throughout, and after 24 hours was 100% charged (so trickle charger appears to work perfectly).

Also this appears from the picture to be identical to the charger pictured on the ebay post above.
    Last edited by jsnorman; 09-30-10 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Add information re ebay ad
    09-30-10 06:26 PM
    I bought this set and they work great. The battery lasts as long as original. You can also charge battery and phone at the same time because the charger has a USB port at the bottom.

1350mah Battery + Charger For Blackberry Torch 9800 NEW - eBay (item 320586123127 end time Sep-06-10 02:44:05 PDT)
    Rats that combo is not available anymore. But I ordered this one:
    Home Battery Charger For Blackberry Torch 9800
    from the same seller and will report, once I also buy a spare battery. There are some on eBay, real Blackberry ones it seems a bit cheaper than those on Crackberry.

Funny the lack of spare battery chargers for Torch. For my Storm 2 there were lots. I had cradle that came with a spare battery, and it could charge an extra battery and Storm at the same time. I also had an AC charger for a spare battery. Maybe because it is new (?) who knows. Anyway I'll report my findings once I get these things.
    10-06-10 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD