Hi guys,

The problem is that my blackberry torch 9800 will only charge if you tightly wrap the wire round the body of the phone. Therefore causing extreme strain on the wire which over the course of the week has caused my USB to break and need replacing. I came to the conclusion that the charging port was obviously lose on its connectors terms. I decided to go through the hassle of replacing the charger port. Once I opened the phone up I came to notice that the port was moving rather freely and that I was capable to remove it from the mother board.

At this time I had already purchased a replacement which i soldered onto the mother board in the specific place. Once i put the phone back together and tried it. I still have the same problem.

Any ideas?, please help!

Thanks
    Aaron
    05-01-13 05:41 PM
    Hi guys,

The problem is that my blackberry torch 9800 will only charge if you tightly wrap the wire round the body of the phone. Therefore causing extreme strain on the wire which over the course of the week has caused my USB to break and need replacing. I came to the conclusion that the charging port was obviously lose on its connectors terms. I decided to go through the hassle of replacing the charger port. Once I opened the phone up I came to notice that the port was moving rather freely and that I was capable to remove it from the mother board.

At this time I had already purchased a replacement which i soldered onto the mother board in the specific place. Once i put the phone back together and tried it. I still have the same problem.

Any ideas?, please help!

Thanks
    Aaron
    What is the condition of your battery terminals? Are they worn, warped, or even loose? The squeezing may pus the battery enough to increase the contact, if this is the case. Try using a rubber band around the phone instead of wrapping the cable, as a suggestion and see what happens.
    05-03-13 05:59 PM